Monday, November 15, 2010

We're a GO for Wednesday!

As anticipated, we got the call this morning that we'll be doing a day 5 transfer on Wednesday! So excited! After talking to two different nurses who indicated we probably would be doing day 5, we were pretty convinced - but you never know. So far, everything has gone pretty perfectly (at least as far as we can tell). So I'm just continuing to pray that we stay the course. I'm a little anxious about the transfer - it's the last big step! But I'll know it'll be fine and we'll be on the other side of it before we know it.

I've been on the progesterone fun pills since Saturday and I'll start the Estrogen patch Wednesday. They also have me on some kind of steroid for several days that helps prevent my wonky uterus from rejecting the transferred embryo as a foreign object. It's amazing how much goes into this with the timing and the meds... the science is just unreal. And appreciated! I seriously don't understand how people get pregnant on their own. So much has to happen at just the right time! It's truly a miracle.

Physically, still getting back to 100%. I'm almost there - I just get a little uncomfortable at random times if I try to move too fast. Otherwise, I'm good to go and GLAD to have those million eggs out of me. They were sucking up all my energy - literally. Emotionally, I'm very excited and ready, but easily kicked in the face. It's like I'm all about it when it's just me and the hub or if we're at the doctor's office surrounded by fellow infertiles. But when I go out in the "real" world I find myself a little extra sensitive lately. Like I was at the mall Sunday doing a little Christmas shopping and in a span of 30 seconds I eyeballed three ridiculously cute pregnant chicks. "Aw, you're cute! I hate you." Leaving Kroger earlier that same day toting my fresh pineapple to help with implantation, I stopped as a not-so-well-kept (I'm putting this delicately) teenage girl passed me with her infant in tow. Really?! You can be on an emotional high thinking about this amazing IVF technology with all its possibilities and then you see that. None of this is fair, I know that. But no matter how at peace you may be with it all, life still punches you in the gut every now and then. And that's OK. I guess I just gotta roll with the punches, right?

Continuing to pop my gazillions of pills and herbs here and also concentrating extra, extra hard on maintaining a high protein diet. Moo Goo makes that pretty easy, but I'm really trying to ramp up the protein this week. I'm piling on those meats like no tomorrow! I like me some meat, so I'm not complaining. But I do have to be intentional about it and track what I'm eating. I've been doing that (tracking) off and on forever, so that's no big thing.

Other goings-on this week... duh, HARRY POTTER on Friday! Already got our IMAX tickets for Friday evening. I can't handle the midnight showing in my current state. Maybe we'll be able to swing that for the final film next year - that's always fun to go to because everyone's SO over-the-top excited. What a nice kick-off to our two-week-wait!

Current mood: Super excited for Wednesday!

5 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yay! Project Bestie's Makes A Baby is looking sooo fabu! Love love love you.

MyTTCstory said...

Congrats on the transfer date, that's brilliant!!

xx

Jill said...

Great news about Wednesday! And SO fun about Harry Potter! Yeah...still need to catch up on those...(hiding my face so you don't slap me...I know, I know!)

BroncoMom said...

This will be a very big week for you, hang in there!!

The Marden Family said...

YAY! That is so great. Can't wait to hear how it goes!