Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We did it!

Two big things, actually. First, we survived my first round of meds last night! I spent a good 20 minutes sitting wide-eyed in front of my computer watching how-to videos over and over. Finally, the hub took over and led me through it and BAM, we did it! I did the actual injections myself (into my stomach), but he helped walk me through the prep. It took about 35 minutes from the time I got all the stuff out, watched the videos, prepped the injections, and actually took them. It should go much more quickly tonight and by tomorrow I should have a nursing degree. SO glad to be past that first round! Phew!

Second... today's our 8 year wedding anniversary! I cannot believe it's been 8 whole years. And what a journey it's been! I can't imagine doing life with anyone other than my sweet hubby, so today is truly a day to celebrate. And don't you know we're doing it in style! First we'll come home a little early to go vote together. (Everyone get out and vote today!!!) Then we'll run back by the house to do my meds (fun with needles!). And then we're running out to get a Red Box movie and Chinese take-out. That probably sounds like an average Tuesday night to most (minus the needles), but I can't tell you the last time we got Chinese take-out... I'm seriously so excited! With our budget, the only times we ever eat out (which are few), it's either dirty Mexican or a hot dog at Costco. So yeah, this is pretty thrilling for us to say the least! Super excited...

Also, somewhere cruising around the Mediterranean are my parents, who are celebrating their 42nd anniversary today! A BIG congratulations to them! We love y'all and miss y'all! (And Bailey does too.) So it's a big happy day all around!

Round #2 of meds up tonight! I know I came across at least one person via twitter yesterday who was going to be starting all this fun later this week. Here are some great instructional videos for different medications for anyone who may need them! Just scroll down and find your specific med, then you can pull it up on You Tube. If you're like me, you need visuals!

Current mood: Excited!

11 comments:

Charbelle said...

Yay!!! Happy Anniversary!!

Julie Tiemann said...

Ha - I thought I coined the term "dirty Mexican," but I see I'm not the only one. I heart me some good dive Mexican food.

Congrats on eight years, and on survivng the shots. Not fun at all, I know. My hubby's a type 1 diabetic, and the first few times he gave himself the shots I'm pretty sure I cried. It's amazing the things we can withstand though and even get used to - he's an old pro now. And so you will soon be!

One of my BFFs started shots a little over a week ago, so I've got a lot of needle-wielding peeps to pray for right now!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Happy 8 year anniversary!Love the photo of you two!

MyTTCstory said...

Happy anniversary! And congratulations on doing the injection - I have that to come and have no idea if I'll cope!

Have an amazing day!

Suburban prep said...

Happy Anniversary.

My husband had to give me blood thinner shots on our first anniversary. He had to give them because I had a DVT and well the only reason the hospital let me out was because he had to learn how to give these shots to me. I did not want to spend my first anniversary in the hospital. That was 11 yrs ago and on the 14th of this month we will celebrate #12.

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad round 1 of shots went well! You will be a pro at giving shots in no time!

Gracie Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! I feel like a creep saying this but I love seeing pictures of you on the blog when you post them!

BelleinBows said...

Happy Anniversary.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So proud of you! I can't believe that was eight years ago today. Seem like yesterday. I wear the gift you gave me ALL THE TIME and always always think of you and that weekend. Unfortunately you were at the front end of my bridesmaiding career. Had you waited a few years, I would have been sooo much better.

Enjoy your night w the Hub. Hugs and kisses to you both.

The Marden Family said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your night together. Red Box and Chinese sound perfect :) Praying for you guys that all of these shots and meds have a very happy outcome!

Some Like it Southern said...

Happy Anniversary! And congrats on getting through your first round of meds! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers during this journey!