Sunday, November 7, 2010

Did I just get fat?!

That's what I literally just said two minutes ago as I caught a glance of myself in the mirror after throwing another load of laundry in the washer. Well, maybe so because my ovaries are hard at work! Look see!




That's right, 15 total measurable follies so far and counting! I'm on day 8 right now, so still room for more growth. The nurse thinks we'll probably have egg retrieval on Friday or Saturday - which is great! I would love for it to fall over the weekend so I don't have to miss work. It's so not a big deal to miss - my office is very flexible, but I'm trying to save as many PTO hours as I can to carry over to next year for (hopeful!) maternity leave. (We don't have a maternity leave policy at work - so it's either PTO or leave without pay.) Anyway, hard to know at this point exactly when the retrieval will be, but that was the nurse's best guess based on the size of my follies today. I'm still doing great on my current dosage, so no changes yet in my meds. We'll be back at the doctor tomorrow to check my progress and we'll actually get to see Dr. T this time, so I'm definitely looking forward to hearing what he thinks! He is our biggest cheerleader there for sure, so I get excited when he gets excited.

But seriously I just weighed myself and I'm 3.5 lbs heavier than I was this morning. OK granted, we did grab some dirty Mexican after my appointment and I ate a ridiculous amount of tortilla chips. But 3.5 lbs? And it's all in my love handles and belly - I totally saw them in the mirror. Dear me! We're just going to call it sodium intake for now and hope it's back down in the morning. Of course one of my friends told me yesterday that her sister-in-law looked 4 months pregnant by the time she got past the egg transfer. Oh geez... not that it really matters, but sometimes it feels like the only thing I have control over in my life is my weight! Whatever. I give up!

Alright we've got church tonight and mentoring, then back at the doc in the a.m.! I'll give y'all the latest on the other side...

Current mood: Gross

9 comments:

Jill said...

umm...yeah. totally normal. But, the good news is, it's not permanent. =) Just lots of extra stuff cooking in there. Word of advice: stay OFF the scale and wear the most comfy clothes you can. Exciting stuff - looking great so far!!

Unknown said...

It is exciting to follow you along on your journey Amanda...so cool! Hugs!!! XOXO!!!

Moon said...

Great news, grow follies, grow :-)
Such an exciting time for you xx

katie lake said...

Eek! So exciting!

Julie Tiemann said...

I'm with Jill - I say stay away from that scale. In fact, *when* (not *if* - power of positive thinking!!!!!!!!!!) this works, you're just gonna want to put that scale a way for a year or so. ;)

So glad to hear things are going (and growing!) so well!!!

godmommie said...

Sounds like everything is going perfectly. Don't worry about your weight - and of course, you have something else in your life you have control over - Me and your mama! :-)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I have lots of friends who gain lots of weight from the IVF meds. Totally normal. All the rest sounds like great news. Very excited for you!

Sasha said...

Yay for good news!

Elizabeth said...

Good Luck! Check into short term disability policies...usually some will cover maternity but you have to have it a for 10 months before delivery. they usually pay up to 60% of your pay tax free...aflac or colonial life etc...