Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Starting to get the hang of this.

As predicted, the 2nd round of meds went much more smoothly than the first!  Besides a lovers' spat over how many cc's of liquid to pull into one syringe, we conquered the task together once again.  I only watched half of one how-to video this time.  Tonight I think we can pull it off on our own completely.  Phew!  No real side effects yet... just a bit of a tender tummy where I've been doing the injections.  I bumped into the edge of my desk just now - yep, a little sore there.  I'm wondering if I should rotate injection sites... did anyone do this?  Guess that would help.  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how well I've responded to the meds on Friday.  Oh and we get to add another medication that day too.  More needles! 
 
Anyway, the hub and I had a great anniversary!  Thanks so much for all the sweet anniversary wishes.  We are full of hope for year #9 - bring it on!  Last night we ran in to vote about 15 minutes before the polls closed - it was so the perfect time!  In and out - no waiting whatsoever.  Then we ran over to a local Chinese restaurant and got take-out.  I ate my ENTIRE dish of Mongolian Beef.  I asked for brown rice and they gave me fried rice.  OK I realize frying it turns it brown, but that's not really what I was going for... whatever.  So I ate mine sans rice.  We also rented "Get Him to the Greek" - pretty funny.  Not over the top great, but worth a rent if you like that kind of humor.  All in all, a fun evening in with the hub.  Love that man!
 
Current Mood: Content

5 comments:

Sasha said...

So glad you had a great anniversary! Also glad you are sharing your journey with us... hoping the best for you!

April E. :) said...

Gosh I so remember how you are feeling. Husby and I went through all of this back in August. I rotated my injections...left side one day, right side the other. Then I found a numb spot (thanks to an old laproscopy scar) and I stayed on that spot on the right side, darn near the whole time! Also, I put a small ice pack on the injection site for about 5 minutes after each shot, then would rub the spot for a minute to warm it back up and that helped tremendously!!
Hope that helps!!
We did Lupron, then Follistim and Menopur. And if you have to do Progesterone in Oil shots too I have some great advice for how I helped soothe those aches!
GOOD LUCK! Following your story closely for a BFP!!

wilkins said...

I just started reading your blog a a few weeks ago and i think it's fantastic! We are on round 2 of IUI and I'm hoping for a BFP in a few weeks.
Although I'm not injecting near as many meds as you, I am on blood thinners which require a nightly injection. To avoid the tender tummy my doctor suggested switching from the left side to the right each night and to do it in a clockwise circle.
Hope this is helpful and that your first round of IVF is a big success!

Jill said...

Woo hoo! You are almost an old pro. =) Yes, alternate the site. I used to do morning on one side of my belly button and evening on the other, and within that try to move around within a few inches. If that makes sense. Wow this comment is weird...

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I've clearly never done any of that but I would think rotating spots might help a lot. Good luck!!