Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chicken Taco Stew

I got something good going in the crockpot this morning! Actually it's a recipe we make ALL the time, but it's worth sharing again. I know I've posted the recipe on here before, but as I continue to get raves and raves for this yummy stew, I thought I'd give it again. It's laughable how easy it is. It's one of those things we always have the ingredients on hand for and it keeps well and makes fabu leftovers. Enjoy!


Chicken Taco Stew

2-3 chicken breasts (I just dump them in frozen)
1 pkg Taco Mix (Taco Bell is our favorite)
1 onion, chopped
1 can black beans
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can yellow corn (I just throw in frozen usually)
2 cans Rotel
1 8oz can tomato sauce

Dump all the ingredients in the crockpot (no need to drain any of the cans), mix well and add the chicken breasts on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred chicken just before serving (it falls apart!)

It's great topped with sour cream and cheese. Or for us non-dairy folks, mix in a spoonful of light mayo if you're after a creamy texture. Sounds grody, but it tastes nothing like mayo, promise! Mayo has become my best friend since going dairy-free.

Alright - last day of work this week!!!! So excited! I'll be back tomorrow with my review of Harry... and for my friend, Jill, my persuasive speech post on why YOU should be reading Harry Potter!

I know lots of you are beginning to travel out there today and tomorrow - be safe everybody!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE this recipe!!! You shared it with me a few years ago...and it is now a family fav!!! :)

Gracie Beth said...

This looks heavenly!

Jill said...

I am so making this next week!! Thank you! And I look forward to the Harry post... =)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yum! wish I had seen this last night but I will make it next week for sure!