Friday, May 6, 2011

Yikes!

It's PIO (progesterone in oil) day #1... I'm super excited to be moving forward with yet another step, but there's no denying I'm a bit skeered of those needles!!!!



Yeah, like 70% excited, 30% freaked out...

Ack! I can do it, I can do it! The hub will definitely be giving me my first shot while I'm horizontal. I've got my Lidocaine cream to rub on my bum beforehand to numb the injection site some. And several have suggested I use a heating pad afterward.

I'm also starting a couple of other oral meds today - Doxycycline (antibiotic for the transfer), and Medrol (steroid used to help the body from rejecting the embryo(s) transferred). The transfer is less than a week away! Eeks! So excited!

As far as how I'm feeling physically... very run down and fat. The "IVF bloat" is no joke during this cycle. I definitely gained some weight with my first (fresh) cycle, but these meds on this frozen cycle are for sure packing on the pounds in a much more noticeable fashion. Actually, it's not a ton of extra poundage - more so extra fluff. I am up 8-10 lbs from my normal weight (depends on the day), but I look like I've gained at least 15lbs. And I basically cannot fit into any of my pants besides jeans. I even resorted back to a pair of cords yesterday (it was freezing yesterday morning!) that I call my "fat cords" because they usually hang off of me. Yeah, I totally had the button rigged with a hair band because I couldn't comfortably button them up. I usually wear a lot of skirts and dresses to work in the summer, but my legs are all torn up from that cupping procedure I mentioned during acupuncture...




Yeah, not attractive. And it's actually looking better today - it was pretty rough the last few days, so that pic is an improvement. I'm going back to acupuncture again today... not sure if she's going to do another round of this stuff. It basically improves circulation. Hey, whatever works!

And yes, also feeling really tired much of the time. It's definitely the Lupron talking. But yesterday I think I caught some sort of a little bug... I was more exhausted than usual and had that tingly skin feeling all up and down my back. And was starting to really feel nauseous. I was totally worthless at work and it was a slow day, so after lunch I packed my stuff up and headed home and straight to bed. (Yeah, no Cinco de Mayo'ing this year for us.) There's no need to push myself right now. I'm trying very hard to take it easy and take care of myself. Feeling more normal today though... at least my current normal. So hopefully whatever I had yesterday has exited my system. I don't have time to be sick!

Alright... gotta get moving. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! I know Mother's Day is a tough one for the infertiles. Hugs to you all - I know it can be a very lonely sort of day, but you're not alone. So let's put our game face on girls... I will be celebrating my lovely momma this weekend!


6 comments:

Sasha said...

Hugs to you! Less than a week away? How exciting!

Melissa said...

Good luck with everything! So exciting!

These meds are so getting you ready for 1st trimester pregnancy symptoms! :)

Melissa said...

Good luck with everything! So exciting!

These meds are so getting you ready for 1st trimester pregnancy symptoms! :)

katherinebee said...

You can do it! Praying we get to wear cute elastic clothes together soon, even if just virtually. You and your momma are so adorable!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

The progesterone is not fun, but it's not horrible. I got bad lumps under my skin where it went in though. I had to take the shot in my back right above my bum. I didn't do the Lidocaine or heating pad. But good call on the pad... Good luck girl. Still thinking of you!

AEOT said...

You are GORGEOUS!!! That pic of you and your mom is darling.