Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Time to Defrost!

It's finally here... less than 24 hours now!  Our transfer is scheduled for 2:30pm tomorrow.  Since I got an afternoon time, I'm going to go on in to work tomorrow morning before my appointment and then take the rest of Wednesday and all day Thursday off to stay horizontal.  I know bed-rest doesn't technically make all that much difference - but better safe than sorry.  So I'm just going to take it easy, load up on protein, and give my uterus lots of pep talks.
 
I had my last dose of Lupron this morning, finished up my Medrol, and I'll also finish up the Doxycyline tonight.  I will stay on the same dosage of Estrace and progesterone (the big nasty shots) indefinitely.  So far, only one of the PIO shots has really hurt.  I think we just hit the wrong spot.  But I still get anxious before each one.  Will that ever end?!  I found a good video done by a nurse with general instruction on intramuscular shots - definitely some good tips if you find yourself having to do these PIO shots or another IM shot - check it out.  The hub literally took a sharpie and drew the 4 quadrants on my bum before giving me the 3rd shot... too funny. 
 
I had my last round of acupuncture today before the transfer....  it's always a good time to relax, breathe, and talk to God.  There's no rush... I've got like 30 needles stuck in me so I'm sure not going anywhere.  It was good quality prayer time today.  My prayers aren't so much the "please make this work!" kind.  They're more often the "lead me, guide me, hold me" kind of prayers.  Whatever happens, just give me peace.  That's really all I need.  But I will say I feel VERY good about this cycle.  I never say things like "I know this one will work!"  Because I don't.  But I do feel great about tomorrow.  I know I'm doing everything I can possibly do and the rest isn't up to me.  And I don't want to think about it not working because really there's no point in that kind of thinking.  Basically, I just do not like to speculate either way.  We're literally just taking this step by step.  So we'll figure out the rest when it comes.

10 comments:

katherinebee said...

Good luck girlie - will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow!

mrs.mfc said...

Good luck tomorrow!! I will be thinking about you all day!!

Ally said...

Good luck! I just started acupuncture for a hot damp stomach....lovely!

Melissa said...

I have a really good feeling about this cycle for you! I wish you the best of luck and I'm praying for you! :)

BBH said...

Good luck! I'm praying that this is it for you!

Katie Austin said...

You don't know me directly, but I used to work with you hub at Bodyplex and I am lifting up prayers for you tomorrow.

KA

Renee said...

Sending good thoughts your way!!

Dr. Blondie said...

Best of luck!!!

Julie Tiemann said...

Gonna be praying hard the next few days! Like you say, praying most for peace whatever the outcome, but yes, I'm also praying that this WORKS!!!! :)

Sasha said...

Good luck!