Wednesday, May 18, 2011

If you stand on your head and squint your eyes...

...can you see what I see?!


We've actually been testing since Sunday, per my sweet husband's prodding. I told him this was useless so early, but whatever. We still had like six of the cheapo tests. Nothing, nothing, nothing. And then yesterday morning, after seeing nothing, I thought I saw the faintest hint of a 2nd line when I was later throwing away the test. I mean, anyone less neurotic would not have seen it. And I convinced myself that it meant nothing. I was feeling crappy yesterday and starting to spot. I was beginning to think this indeed was another bust.

But this morning we clearly got two positives - one on el cheapo test and one on First Response. You can definitely see the 2nd lines here in the pic but it's more clear in person - I promise. I keep looking at them to make sure I'm not hallucinating. I think I asked the hub, "do you see them?" like 50 times.

Ahhh... still in total shock right now I think. I absolutely detest taking HPT's, so to see two lines this morning was pretty unreal. It's been two years since we've seen a positive. Even with our last chemical pregnancy on the 1st IVF round, we were never able to get a positive on a home test. So this is definitely progress! Of course it's early, anything can happen, yada yada yada... we know that all too well. But this is a step in the right direction and we will celebrate every step! Thanks again for all the prayers and encouragement along the way.

And yeah, I promise I'll get the pics and video, etc from the transfer up at some point. As many of y'all know, blogger was a mess last week and I just haven't gotten around to it this week yet. Hopefully tonight!

29 comments:

Susannah said...

Shutup!!!! It's very clear! What happens next?

Julie Tiemann said...

Said it before, I'll say it again... OH EM GEE!!!! SO EXCITED!!!! Those are most definitely preg-positive. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Celebrating each step with you!!! Woo HOO!!!!

Melissa said...

Yea, those are VERY clear lines and they always come out fainter in pics! Praying that it's a healthy pregnancy for you! I'm so excited! :D

Gabi said...

Yippee!!!! I don't even have to stand on my head to see that second line! SO excited. :) Actually just screeched out loud, and I am the only one home....Great step in the right direction!!!

JMMarden said...

OMG! I think I was literally as excited to see those two lines as I was for my own positive test! congratulations!

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my gosh!!! How exciting!! Continued prayers you way!

Kiersten said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Praying for continued good news and good health!

Kiersten said...

I'm so excited for you!!! Praying for continued good news and good health!

Elizabeth said...

Yayyyyyyy!!!! That is so exciting! Congrats!!!! I will continue to pray for you!!!

mrs.mfc said...

As someone else who has stared at hundreds of stark white pregnancy tests, I can say without any doubt that its not even a question that there are lines there. Holy crap YES YES YES! I know, I know, don't get too excited because anything can happen but ohhhhh my gooooodnesssss that is so exciting!! Fingers crossed that it sticks!!! And the fact that you've got enough hcg going on THIS early... well.... I won't even finish that sentence but I think you know where I am going with it. So so so excited for you!!! Keep us updated :) :) :)

Jennifer Rogers said...

Go go go go! All engines go! btw- I am totally on team twins! Pretty pumped. I got goosebumps. Trying not to get ahead of myself, but I know you have to have the same smile I am wearing today! Love you and your two super-awesome lines!

4DsfromLHP said...

Coming out of lurkdom to say congratulations! Very exciting news. I wish you continued blessings with each passing day!

Sasha said...

Wow!!!!! Congrats- so excited for you!

AllieBHill said...

What great news! So excited for you:)

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I am a brand new follower but I could not be more excited for you. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby since April 2008. We have been pretty much taking a break from fertiliy stuff for the past year. I can't wait to follow a long.

GOING GREEN! Newsletter said...

GIRL! So exciting. Yes celebrate every step! PRAYING!

Brittney said...

Yay!! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

So very exciting!!! CONGRATS!!! Praying for a very Happy coming 9 months!!!

Dr. Blondie said...

Awesome news!! Congrats!!

Moon said...

Wow, congrats! amazing news!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Soooo excited!! LOVE LOVE you.

BroncoMom said...

Ok Betty...a day at a time, a step at a time. Praising HIM for your good news!!

Susan said...

So excited for you!! I'll keep you in my prayers! :)

BBH said...

Yay! Congratulations!!!

Pretty in Pink said...

Wow, What fab news. My husband and I are Praying for you both every step of the way. We are in Aus and seeing this as I am about to leave for work has made my day. Nothing better than 2 pink lines.

Unknown said...

New follower here. Those faint lines will drive you nuts, but they are real. Congratulations :)

Lori said...

YIPPEE!! :D

Ruth said...

Great news!!!!