Monday, May 2, 2011

FET Video Diary: Lining Check

This morning we had my one and only ultrasound for this cycle... this is one of the main things that is WAY easier about a frozen cycle versus a fresh one. With a fresh cycle, you have DAILY monitoring appointments with your favorite vaginal wand because they're monitoring the growth of your follicles. With an FET cycle, they're simply checking the lining of the uterus to make sure it's plump enough to move forward. Ideally, they like to see the lining get to 8mm before starting the progesterone shots. Well, today mine measured at 7.5!!! A total victory in our eyes, as mine has never made it past 6.9 on ultrasound before. So we are really, really thrilled with that result. And the good news is, I still have a few days to grow before starting the progesterone on Friday. Once you start that med, the lining kinda levels off.

We were able to get some quick shots of the ultrasound screen, but for whatever reason, those pieces of film were NOT cooperating when we tried uploading them. I finally gave up after multiple attempts. But at least we got SOME video of today. And pardon my I-just-rolled-out-of-bed look here. I promise I showered.




Next Up: We start progesterone and a couple of other oral meds on Friday! Eeks! Stay tuned for a video of the first shot...

Previous: Endometrial Biopsy, CD 24

No comments: