Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hooray, It's Transfer Day!

So many things running through my crazy head this morning...  Like did I take all my meds?  Yes, of course.  Did I bring my big water bottle?  Yep, sitting right here beside me.  Will they remember to thaw our embryos today?  Pretty sure they've done this before. 
 
I'm not as freaked out about the full bladder ordeal (you have to arrive with a full bladder for the procedure) this time, but it still makes me a little nervous.  I have been running to the bathroom like every 30 minutes the last couple of weeks, so I have purposely tried NOT to drink a lot of water this morning.  I'll save the chugging for go-time.  It's weird though because at all my "normal" ultrasounds, they send you in a room to change and tell you to empty your bladder.  So today I will have to also go into a room to change - that has a toilet - but I'm NOT allowed to pee.  When your bladder is about to burst and there's a toilet in front of you and your pants are off, you literally have to repeat to yourself over and over, "don't pee, don't pee, don't pee."  Well, at least I do. 
 
Anyway, aside from those silly anxieties, we are SUPER excited for today!  I feel great about it and my stomach is all in knots (in a good way).  I cannot wait to see our babe(s) on screen!  Still not sure how many we're transferring... it will be a game time decision based on the quality of the embryos.  Just praying for wisdom that we make the right decisions along with our doctor. 
 
We will be recording whatever we can of the transfer, so I'll be back at some point to post the video and of course, a pic of the embryo(s)!  Thanks so very much for all the sweet comments, tweets, emails, phone calls, and prayers - I appreciate every single one SO much!

4 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

Hoping everything goes great today! I can't wait to see the video. Good luck!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for a successful transfer!!!

Brittney said...

Good luck today!!

Sandra said...

Hoping all goes perfectly! Thanks for keeping us informed ;-). XOXO