Sunday, May 29, 2011

All Eyes on Tuesday

The time's flown by pretty quickly, thanks to this relaxing 3-day weekend, but I'm definitely a little anxious for my beta results on Tuesday. I'm not fearful, but I certainly have ups and downs when it comes to wondering if everything is as it should be up in my girly parts. It's hard not to over-analyze every twitch and tingle. Is that good? Is that bad? What does Dr. Google say? Well, Dr. Google can really give you whatever answer you want to hear if you just keep asking.

Like for the spotting issue, you get plenty of sites and forums saying this is "completely normal" and not to worry about it. Then you find others that say, "OMG, go the ER now!!!!" So I just pick the answers I like best and deem them legit. But, yeah... I still am a bit anxious for those numbers on Tuesday so I can set aside the crazy for a few days. I don't have any real reason to think the numbers wouldn't be where they should be, but it's just absolutely unnerving waiting on that call!

Still though, whatever happens going forward, it's awesome that we've made it as far as we have. Progress is progress. I continue to pray for this little one, but I also pray constantly for peace with whatever path God is taking us down. But for now, let's keep celebrating where we are! I'm into the 6th week and there is a lot going on...



This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil. [from babycenter.com]


It still amazes me how fast these little suckers develop. I mean, 2 1/2 weeks ago it was a spec of dust and now it's developing all the major organs and has a beating heart. What?! Pretty exciting. Also around 6 weeks is when nausea sets in for a lot of women. I'm not there yet - definitely no vomiting on my end. But I still am having episodes where food in general just doesn't excite me. And it's gotten harder and harder to eat my one hard boiled egg every morning. I think I've given up on that for now. It just grosses me out.

Still got the sore boobs, which look "nice and big" according to my mother. Thanks, Mom. And minor cramping here and there - that's been pretty constant this whole time. Light spotting off and on. I did have a dizzy spell this morning but I don't know if maybe I just got up out of bed too fast or something. And speaking of the bed, we totally slept in this morning... LATE. We never do that. Like 8am is sleeping in to us. Yeah, we were still in the bed at 10:30am. Now granted, I did get up around 8am and fed the dogs, got some cereal, turned the TV on, and got back in bed. So after my cereal, I managed to fall back asleep for another two hours. Highly unusual for me. So yeah, I've also been tired too! All good signs, I suppose.

Alright, I've got to go fold a load of clothes and then sit my butt on the couch to "recover" from folding the load of clothes. Hahaha... I'm trying hard to take it super easy this weekend and rest. Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day and safe travels to all who are on the road or in the air! We will just be doing a casual cookout at my parents'. I'll be back Tuesday with our final beta results! Keep those prayers comin'...

5 comments:

Jill said...

Praying daily!! And yeah...forget the boiled egg!! =)

The Pink Owl said...

Sending lots of good thoughts your way for happy news on Tuesday! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Sandra said...

Sending those prayers up as I type. Have a restful Monday. xoxo

Aunt Grits a.k.a Maggi said...

I've been off the computer for awhile, just catching up & reading all the great news! May God bless you, your hubby & the little one!

Kate said...

So excited for you & praying too:)