Thursday, July 23, 2009

Nips and Necks

Hey girls, fatty-fatty 2x4 here. Hope y'all are having fantastic weeks! My weekend is here - woot woot! I have a fab pool day planned tomorrow with one of my girls. I can't wait! We have a perfectly good pool in our 'hood, but I never go. Like I've said before, I have a hard time just chilling out. I have to plan my chill out sessions or I'll just busy myself and suddenly the day is over. There's ALWAYS something that needs doing, you know. So I'm looking forward to pool day, which will be followed up by an afternoon massage and facial.

I know I talk about getting massages and junk all the time like I just live in the spa or something... but really I just got lucky with a killer spa deal with my guy (who I've been seeing for years). He has gone out on his own and started a membership program and I quickly joined up. New memberships aren't available right now, but if he does open it up again, you'll be the first to know! I basically get $360 worth of services a month for $119.98/month - and that INCLUDES tips. So basically what I'd pay for a one hour massage + my monthly brow wax with tip is what I pay for an entire month of spa heaven. I'm in there pretty much every week. I mean I gotta be to get my full benefit - it's a use-it-or-lose-it plan. So you can bet your britches I take advantage of every last dime! I call it my Dave-approved spa plan. Cuz goodness knows I wouldn't be able to afford regular spa treatments otherwise!

Anyway, still waiting out the 2 week wait... We still have another week and then some before we can test. I WILL say I'm having a rather strange symptom that I had during the last IUI cycle... [TMI alert] - wonky nipples. As in they look weird and they hurt. Now I know a lot of chicks get breast tenderness and whatnot with every cycle, but I personally have NEVER had that. So when I first got this *interesting* symptom back in May with our first IUI cycle, I (a) thought it was really weird, and (b) blamed it on the HCG trigger shot. Because, OK - two days after my IUI to be feeling anything? Way too early for pregnancy symptoms, right? And I read in many, many places that the trigger shot can give pregnancy-like symptoms. So I totally chalked it up to that. Well, y'all know I got pregnant, so who knows if it was the real thing or just the meds?!

OK so fast forward to now, two days past my IUI - exact same time as my May cycle - I got the weirdo sore nips again. Noticed it when I was changing clothes to go the Gwinnett Braves game the other night. But the thing is, I didn't take the trigger shot this cycle... didn't have to - I detected an LH surge on my own. So now we're like...hmmmmm..... Maybe?!?! We're certainly not banking on anything, but we're of course very hopeful and full of faith! Plus, it'd be truly fabulous if we could get the job done this cycle since we're out of baby makin' funds. I know my parents will step in (they want grandkids like 6 years ago) and help but I don't want to have to do that. So yeah... continue those big prayers, y'all! We really need them and they mean so much! I'll keep y'all updated on my busted oven and wonky nipples...

Now on a much more light-hearted and superficial note, I'm molto obsessed with this here necklace from Banana...



If you frequent my Bump Day posts over at Make Room for Style, you've probably caught on to the fact that I LOVE Banana Republic's jewelry. They have such gorgeous pieces and it's all really, really affordable. Plus they have killer sales in store, so you can often find some serious deals by rummaging through the jewelry sale bin. If I'm ever looking for a great statement piece, Banana is my first stop. And I definitely *need* this...





Think I can convince my momma to invest in an early birthday present for me?! I mean, it's only a little over two months away. ;-)

And I'm gonna be 32. Holy shit.

8 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Um, I'll take your fat day over my skinny day any time you want to trade!! Yeah for wonky nips!! And tell me more abt this spa thing...holy jealousness!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

wonky nipples = weird pregnancy symptom (i even had a crazy breast reduction and my nips still turned wonky!)

Lucky in Love said...

Definitely sending good thoughts and prayers your way! Fingers crossed!

Jill said...

totally agree with the n*pple thing - and love the necklace!

LSU Melanie said...

LOve the necklace!!
my fingers and toes are crossed for ya!!!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Ooooo I can't get over that stunning necklace! With a birthday next week, I think I need that stat.

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

went to that sale today. i was in smocked heaven. oh lord! 12 smocked dresses later...

News Readin' Wife said...

Oh, you are too funny. I think your wonkiness sounds like a good sign.
My birthday is October 3rd and that necklace just got added to the list! (I'll be 32 as well. Ouch.)