Thursday, July 2, 2009

In the crockpot this morning...

It's my last day of work before vaca!!! Who's excited?! ME! I got all my major errands run last night. Snagged our Harry Potter tickets for Thursday, the 16th. I'm totally pissed about the IMAX shows being delayed a couple of weeks because of Transformers. I love Transformers and all, but give me a break. It's Harry-freakin'-Potter! So anyway, we're going to go see it when it comes out on the "normal" screen and then go back later in the month when it hits the IMAX screen. There are special scenes in the IMAX version that won't be in the normal one, so we can't miss it!

I also hit Costco last night and got the cutest baby shower gift for christmas bride. She's having a girl and I got her this sweet pique Hartstrings dress with delicious embroidery and ric-rac ribbon trim. Plus a sweet little top and bottom from Baby Lulu... total for both? $27. I just love Costco. My babies no doubt will have a closet full of Costco finds one day.

Alright... so while we're running around getting ready for the holiday and leaving town, I decided to whip out the crockpot today. I use it a ton in the winter - especially tax season when I'm pressed for time and have no energy to cook. It doesn't get out so much in the summer, though. But I had a big ole pork roast I needed to use before we left town. So here's one of our favorite easy-peasy crockpot recipes that you're sure to love...

Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Roast

You'll need:

-1 cup ketchup
-1 cup BBQ sauce (I just use whatever's on sale)
-1 cup water
-2 tbsp vinegar
-2 tbsp Worcestershire (aka "wooster" in my fam)
-2 tbsp brown sugar
-1 tsp chili powder
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1/2 tsp garlic powder
-3 lbs boneless pork roast (I get whatever variety's on sale)

Combine all ingredients (except roast) in a bowl, mix well. Place the roast in the crockpot and poor mixture over the meat. Cover and cook on LOW all day.

When you get home your house will be smellin' like good ole Southern BBQ! The meat just falls aparts and shreds once you put a fork to it. Grab some buns and load up.

Alright girls, off to work! I've got a meeting this morning, and then I'm heading to RBA around lunch for my clomid check. Dammit... that just reminded me... I meant to take a pregnancy test this a.m. (just in case) and forgot and already went to the bathroom. Doh. Whatev. OK peace out!

And yeah I'm gonna remind you again... don't forget to sign up for my fab Vera Bradley giveaway! You've got ONE more day!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

tintarosa said...

I was at Costco yesterday. They are already stocking up for fall. I don't know who buys courdoroy when the temp outside is 100+. Have a great weekend!

Gracie Beth said...

I am upset about HP so much so that my bff and I are waiting until the weekend to go see it instead of at midnight.

Jill said...

Oh yum!! I'm copying this one to try myself soon! Thanks! Have SO much fun at the beach!

Sandra said...

Have a fabulous 4th and vaca!! xoxo