Monday, July 27, 2009

This was my Monday. How was yours?



Yeah... that's poor Phoebe after a battle with a big truck. (Phoebe lost.) And apparently Phoebe's momma has been having trouble obeying traffic laws as of late. Friday I got pulled over for failing to come to a complete stop at a red light before turning right. Got off with a warning, thank goodness!

But today... after I had already had a lovely morning where I spilt oatmeal all down my dress... I decided to make a run to the bank and instead ran into a truck. I failed to yield when turning left. (Allegedly.) No one was hurt and my air bag didn't even blow - so that's good. And you'll be glad to know that the rear window we just replaced stayed intact! But what should've been a 10 minute trip to the ATM turned into a 2 1/2 hour ordeal. My car had to be towed off to a nearby body shop. We're awaiting word from our insurance as to whether they'll total it or not. Phoebes is over 11 years old, y'all... so it's very likely the repairs could cost more than the poor girl is worth. But I really hope not! I seriously will be SO sad if we aren't able to repair her! She's got lots of life left in her and you know I'm gonna drive her till her wheels fall off. So say a lil prayer for Phoebe, my beloved '98 Honda Accord.

Yeah so... after yoga tonight, I'm totally beat. I was annoyed today with myself for getting in the wreck... especially this month when we have so much going on, but now I'm just tired and kinda blue. Remember that credit card we were supposed to pay off? Yeah... that's going on the back burner for now thanks to my failure to yield! (Allegedly.) But I know that's what Dave would tell us to do... so we're OK with that - it just sucks because we were really pumped to pay off that card! Oh well... we'll knock it out soon. But for now, I think I'm going to go to bed and start over.

18 comments:

The Pink Owl said...

So sorry about your wreck, but glad you weren't hurt. Hope your Tuesday is better!

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but I'm glad to hear you were not seriously injured.
Hope things work out for you with the car.

Stephanie said...

Oh no!

I am just glad you are okay. Hopefully your car is too!

Living for the Little Moments said...

I agree with the others... thank goodness you're ok!!!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Ugh, what a pain! Hope everything gets repaired quickly and your car back to you soon!

Unknown said...

Oh girl! I am so sorry that truck was in your way :) I know life can seem defeating! Keep up your good spirits and trust God. It will all work out!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Bless your heart! Things like that just happen! I've been in two wrecks kind of like that that were my fault. I have become more cautious! Everything will be ok, you have worked so hard and I am sure you will get that card paid off asap! Have a good day.

Lucky in Love said...

What a sucky day! But...we all have them. Tomorrow is another day and I'm sure things will look better :) Hugs!

Mrs LSL said...

Oh my goodness - you poor thing!

Gracie Beth said...

I am so glad you are alright! That looks scary!

Some Like it Southern said...

Sorry about your wreck but thankfully you were not hurt! Hope your week gets better! =)

Sandra said...

You're not hurt and that is ALL that matters. xoxo

Marla said...

So good to hear that you are ok! Sad to see the car, hopefully she can be saved!

Jill said...

OMG. It looks kinda bad, but so glad your are OK.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Poor Phoebe...I hope she's doing better soon. My beloved 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee just made it home after spending 3 weeks at the repair shop. She had a bad battery which caused a fuse to blow which caused a meltdown in the wire harness which caused a surge to fry the computer. Almost $900 later, she is back and as chipper as ever.

I just love that old girl...and like you, I plan on driving her until the doors fall off.

Hope the rest of your day is better.

LyndsAU said...

oh no! so sorry!! glad you are ok girl!!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad you're ok, though! Cars can be fixed! Deep breaths!!

News Readin' Wife said...

Thank goodness you are ok! Feelin' sad for Phoebe, though...she had a good run.

If it makes you feel any better - I did the same thing a few years ago (allegedly) with my boss in the car. Nice.