Thursday, January 6, 2011

Surgery Scheduled

Finally!  I feel like I've been on the phone with my doctor's office all stinkin' day. Insurance woes, of course.  I'm thankful for our health insurance, but it can be so damn confusing.  Both of my previous surgeries had to be done at other Atlanta-area hospital surgical facilities because my fertility clinic and my RE were "out of network."  I still had to pay my doctor's fee, but having the surgeries at another facility allowed me to get in-network coverage for the bulk of it.  Same surgery, different place.  It's ridiculous, really.
 
But this year, with the particular plan I have, we'll actually pay less out-of-pocket if we do the surgery at RBA, even though it's out of network.  Fine by me!  It's way more convenient to just do it all at the surgery center at my clinic.  It's a lot easier to schedule, I'm comfortable there... it's just all around a better option if we can do it.  So I'm glad that worked out!  My actual surgery date is next Wednesday, the 12th.  So I'll be out of work through the following Monday recovering.  I pulled up my old calendar from three years ago to see how long I was out recovering and it looks like a solid 5 days should do it.  So I'm only missing 4 days of work - that's good.  Not exactly the time to be out of the office in my line of work!  But I'm getting it done fairly early and it shouldn't be a problem.  I'm very grateful to work for a firm that is so accommodating and flexible. 
 
Pre-op stuff is early Monday morning, so I'll get all my deets then.  I'm sure it's the same run-down as my last surgery, but that was over three years ago.  I don't even remember scheduling the other ones at all!  It seems like someone just called me and told me a date to show up.  Whatever, it's done now and I'm ready to go!  Not at all nervous - at least not yet.  I'm a pro at this junk by now.  Honestly, the IV is the worst part.  It's all about the nurse.  Give me a good nurse, Lord!
 
I'm so glad to have this all on the calendar and not looming over my head anymore!  So gear up for some good prayin' next Wednesday morning.  Or maybe Tuesday night... I will be out of surgery before a lot of you even wake up!
 
In the meantime, don't forget to enter my giveaway!  It's a kick-ass giveaway because it will kick your ass.  Into shape!

7 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I am SO glad our health plan no longer has that in-network out of network nonsense because since I live in Knoxville it was a nightmare since my parents live in ATL and for my first 2 years of college I really didn't need insurance because there was no way for me to see a doctor.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Just marked my date book to pray and text on Weds. Yeah for having it all scheduled and figured out now!

Melissa said...

Good luck! I'll def say a prayer for you!

Ellen said...

Prayers from me, too! :)

Susannah said...

Oh my goodness, that was fast! Good luck and I'll be praying. Get UTIE in shape for baby!

Jill said...

Glad it's scheduled! Yay for moving forward!! And I bet you'll get a great nurse - they seem to all be wonderful there. Marking my calendar now to pray!!!

UGA Bama Belle said...

Yay for moving forward in the process! And I'm so happy to hear that your insurance covers! My insurance doesn't cover ANYTHING other than pretty much office visits (IUI and onward is all out of pocket).

I hope you have a speedy recovery and all goes well!