Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine's on the Cheap

I've been de-cathed and I'm back at work!  Feeling tired and a wee bit crampy still, but OK.  And large, I feel large.  I'm on estrogen for the next three weeks and it makes me quite *puffy*.  So not really loving that, but whatever. 
 
So hey guess what... I'm in the AJC today!  Just a quick mention of our standing Valentine's tradition (fondue at home) in an article with some money-saving ideas for the holiday, but hey, I feel famous for being quoted.  Of course they left out the best part of our tradition - we do it all in Valentine jammies!  If you get the Atlanta paper, it's on the front page of the "Living" section today.  Read it here.
 
Can't believe Valentine's is less than 3 weeks away...  what other budget-friendly ways to celebrate do you suggest?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow with my hysterectomy Ill be having to take estrogen! I am not looking forward to puffyness! :( But oh well! V-Day tips ... Do it at home! Make a relaxing dinner! Spread a blanket out and eat it Indian style or like you are on a picnic! Make a scruptious dessert! Watch a few chick flicks! and have one great gift!

Julie Tiemann said...

Look at you - first on the Buckhead Church blog, now this! You go, girl! Glad to hear you're up and at 'em!

Leslie said...

I'm catching up on your blog finally - so glad you're surgery went well and you're on the mend!! I can only imagine how relieved you are to finally have that behind you.

I just noticed your tweet on your blog about deducting expenses for taxes...what exactly are you allowed to deduct? IUI expenses (my insurance doesn't cover it)? Meds that insurance doesn't cover at all (ie shots)? I'm assuming the dr visit co-pays, deductibles, and the medicine co-pays (I was on femara which was actually covered since it's traditionally a breast cancer med, but it still got $) aren't deductible? Thanks for your tax advice!