Monday, January 24, 2011

Last Day.

Today's my last day to rest up. I've actually been sitting up for a record two hours or so now. I've been mostly horizontal over the last 6 days. The first couple of days weren't bad because my pain meds would knock me out for the most part and allow me to sleep. But now I'm just OVER IT.

I've got my post-op appointment tomorrow morning to remove this uterine catheter - ick. It is not painful, but just annoying as crap. I'm absolutely tired of pajama pants. Never thought I'd say that. I've started wearing mascara the last few days just so I feel less dead. We did make a quick outing last night to drop off a Red Box video and get some ice cream. We were in the car maybe 15 minutes, but it was thrilling to get out of the house. We have been spoiled though while I recover... especially by friends from our small group who have brought meals by every evening since Thursday! Our fridge is packed.

I'm hoping work is not too crazy yet so I can ease back in over the week, but I'm sure I'll be busy. My tax season fog is about to set in. It seems to sneak up faster and faster every year. But with the snow storm a couple of weeks ago and now my surgery break, I feel like I've been out most of the month! So maybe the season won't seem so long and grueling... maybe.

Alright... off to write some thank-you notes. I'll be back later - I've got some book reviews and other goodies to post in the near future! I'm kicking ass on my book-reading goal. I've already knocked out 3 non-fiction books in 2011 and am racing through the next.

Hope y'all have a great week!

6 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I hope the surgery was a success!

MyTTCstory said...

Hope you enjoyed your last day of rest! Sounds like you have some great friends xx

Susannah said...

I am so glad that everything is over and getting back to normal for you! Prayers for a nice re entry into work and a ready uterus! :D

Charbelle said...

Prayers that the procedure worked the way it is supposed to!!! Looking forward to the book reviews!!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

yay for getting back out there! continue to take it easy though girl!!

Mary Beth said...

Glad you're feeling better and things are getting back to normal for you. Good luck as you get back in the swing of things!