Thursday, September 23, 2010

A week in Moo Goo: Thursday

Oh I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday. Bring it! We've been running around so much this week and I'm ready for a relaxing weekend. Even if relaxing means doing laundry. We're also testing this weekend to see if the IUI was successful! The last two weeks actually went by pretty quickly, so I've been thankful for that. We're of course praying for a BFP here but more than anything I'm just praying for continued peace with whatever comes. Dave Ramsey often says to callers, "I'm not in your forest; I can see the trees." I'm always trying to remember that God has the bigger and better perspective. But geez, God... from our end the timing looks pretty damn good. How 'bout yours?!

Today:

Breakfast. Hard-boiled egg, 2 turkey sausage links, instant grits (1/3 cup, plain) with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter*

Lunch. Black beans, diced bell pepper with leftover Mexican Rice

Snack. 1 cup raspberries with 2 tbsp sunflower seeds

Snack. 1/2 cup Back to Nature Sunflower and Pumpkin Seed granola*

Dinner. Hamburger patties (8 oz), 1/4 cup hummus with Crunchmaster multi-grain crackers, Tostitos Scoops, 1 oz (Yes, I realize this is a really weird dinner. We had small group tonight, so of the food available, this is what I was able to eat! The hamburger patties were actually from sliders and I just ditched the buns and cheese.)


* Note that because I don't have "true" allergies to gluten or dairy, I'm a little forgiving when it comes to things like small amounts of margarine/butter, or certain sauces that probably have a little of either of those. I generally just try to eliminate the obvious things and do the best that I can with the rest! So if you have a real intolerance for gluten or dairy, you may need different options. I will star these items that may contain some wheat or milk.

3 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Crossing my fingers and saying prayers and wishing and hoping for you, Bestie!!

Julie Tiemann said...

Oh wow! I mean, I should know how these things work, but didn't realize you'd be testing this weekend. Crossing my fingers and praying with my toes crossed too. :)

Ruth said...

Crossing my fingers and saying a prayer.