Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A week in Moo Goo: Wednesday

Mmm.... that granola yesterday was delish! I'll be having some more of that today! I may need to swing by Publix to grab some more since the sale ends tonight. Speaking of snacks, one thing that's really tricky with my diet is that I'm on these herbs - many of which have to be taken on an empty stomach (including my nasty-ass Noni juice). So that makes timing my snacks very tricky. As you can see, I'm the type that eats throughout the day. But I have to squeeze in two doses of Noni and other herbs between lunch and dinner. And I have to do each of those at least 2 hours after eating and 1 hour before eating. So like yesterday one of my afternoon snacks got the boot because I wasn't able to fit it in. I have to take my last dose of Noni before 6pm. Why? I don't know... I guess I'd turn into a Gremlin after 6pm. But it makes snack time a little difficult!

Well here's to a great Wednesday... hope y'all have a good one. We're doing something kinda fun today - the hub and I are visiting some 5th graders at an inner-city school over lunch. We'll just be spending some time with them and chatting - a mentoring thing through church. I'm a little nervous, but excited! Till tomorrow...

Today:

Breakfast. Hard-boiled egg, 2 turkey sausage links, instant grits (1/2 cup dry, plain) with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter*

Snack. Back to Nature Sunflower and Pumpkin Seed granola, 1/2 cup*

Snack. 1/2 cup all natural applesauce

Lunch. Leftover turkey chili, 1.5 cups

Dinner. Grilled chicken (6 oz) marinated in Wish Bone Italian Dressing with grilled vegetables (onion, bell pepper, and yellow squash) and brown rice


* Note that because I don't have "true" allergies to gluten or dairy, I'm a little forgiving when it comes to things like small amounts of margarine/butter, or certain sauces that probably have a little of either of those. I generally just try to eliminate the obvious things and do the best that I can with the rest! So if you have a real intolerance for gluten or dairy, you may need different options. I will star these items that may contain some wheat or milk.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I hope all the MooGoo is helping...the acupuncturists know their stuff! I am gluten free due to celiac...many of the recipes on my blog are gf and easily converted to dairy free as well. Good luck & you are on my prayer list!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Do you weigh your food? How do you know you are eating 6oz of this and 7oz of that? I also didn't realize until late yesterday that you were coming back to fill in the rest of your meals. I kept thinking, if she eats the same dang thing every day for breakfast,what is the point in writing it down? Ha.

Buford Betty said...

I do weigh chicken, for example, as I'm bagging and freezing it. Other times it's a guesstimate. I log my calories online so I'm always thinking in quantities/servings!