Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Moo Goo to the Rescue!

So I had my first mid-cycle check this morning... I'd been anxiously awaiting this appointment because I knew it would be rather telling as to whether or not the acupuncture, etc I've been doing the past 3+ months is working.  Well it looks like I have some nice cushy lining in the works!  It still has some growing to do, but so do my follies.  So I'm hoping ovulation holds out till this weekend - which it should.  But every ovulation test I take I'm like, "be negative, be negative!"  So far, so good.
 
Today, my lining measured at 6.5mm.  I pulled up my records from our last IUI cycle a year ago.  At this point in my cycle then, I was only measuring at 5.5mm.  So that is huge improvement!  They generally want you to be at 7mm at a minimum when they do the IUI (but closer to 8 is best).  So here's hoping that estrogen really kicks in and starts building some sweet ass sticky baby walls.  I go back again Friday morning for another ultrasound.  Go, uterus, go!
 
So all in all, I'm feeling much better this week.  Last week was crap.  Two hysterical crying fits (and several minis).  Dealing with my funk over a best friend's pregnancy.  And busy with work in the middle of all that.  On Friday morning, my sweet friend was having an ultrasound to hear her baby's heartbeat for the first time.  On that same Friday morning, I was having an ultrasound to assess just how effed up my uterus still is.  That was unsettling, to say the least.  I'm blaming all my mood swings on the drugs.  I'm much more with it this week so far.  It's only Tuesday, but I'm optimistic!
 
Oh and in completely other random news, we went to the NASCAR race on Saturday...hahhahha... (We had free tickets - don't judge.)  So while I did not become an insta-fan, I will say there was some fabulous people-watching to be had.  Just to give you a taste, the outfit of choice for the ladies was a string bikini top underneath denim overall shorts with one strap dangling.  It doesn't get any better than that!  Hope y'all had an excellent Labor Day weekend...  enjoy the rest of the week!

9 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Shut up! Why on earth would you go watch NASCAR? You crazy fool! So is that what you wore too- to fit in with your new people?

Melissa said...

YAY for your lining being good! I hope that continues and this is it for you! :D

I watch NASCAR on TV on occasion. I'd love to see it live just for the people watching!

Renee said...

That is great news!

My sis was at the race and she took a pic of a girl wearing that exact outfit! Classy!

Molly said...

That is great news! Congrats!!

Jill said...

Woo hoo! that's awesome! Yay Moo Goo!

Julie Tiemann said...

Um - this might be the funniest thing I've ever read:

"sweet ass sticky baby walls"

I've always reserved my swearing for creative and humorous situations, and it appears I can take some lessons from you.

(And YAY on the lining!!!)

Charming Wife said...

My husband got free tickets to that race too! It was very interesting, to say the least...

Meg said...

I'm thinking thick thoughts for you! And all I can say about the race is pictures, woman. Pictures.

Michelle said...

Oh my...Nascar...enough said. But, on a positive note I am sending good thoughts and prayers for you sweet girl!