Wednesday, September 29, 2010

"Dolphins are just gay sharks."


Brittany: I don’t wanna do Britney.
Kurt: Why no Britney, Brittany?
Brittany: 'Cause my name is also Britney Spears. My Middle name is Susan, my Last Name is Pearce… That makes me Brittany S. Pearce. Brittany Spearce.


Not only am I *huge* un-closeted Britney Spears fan (duh), but Brittany is probably my favorite character on Glee. So the Britney/Brittany episode last night was over the top for me! So glad that Brittany (Heather Morris) got a whole episode to truly shine! And damn, can that girl dance. I'm so glad she finally got to show off her moves. Here's a few fun facts about the talented Glee actress you may not have known...

  • Heather auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance (season 2) but missed the top 20 by one vote.

  • She toured with Beyonce as a dancer and danced with her in several music videos, including "Single Ladies"

  • She was originally hired on Glee as a dancer (and of course was key in teaching the "Single Ladies" routine to the football team)

  • Brittany's character was not originally supposed to be so air-headed, but apparently she gave a particularly dim-witted look one day at shooting and from that point on, Brittany was declared dumb.

  • A lot of the one-liner's are Heather's own ad-libbing.


Brittany: I’m more talented than all of you. I see that clearly now. It’s Brittany… Bitch.

7 comments:

Marla said...

"I am pretty sure Dr. Pepper was a dentist."

Love her!

Hurley Lucy said...

Loved "Slave for you". Such an awesome episode!

Anna said...

Love Brittany too! She was so great in this episode and her dancing is always incredible!

BroncoMom said...

Glee was awesome last night. I find that when the show is over, I am saying out loud, "Wait, that's all until next week????"

Renee said...

That was my favorite episode!!!

Julie Tiemann said...

Ah, thanks so much for this post. I didn't know that about Heather. In fact, I never really liked her until this episode, but now I LOVE her and can't wait to watch her dance on future episodes. As much as I love my Brit Brit, I have to say that Heather might give her a run for her money. Slave 4 U was off the chain! :)

Glee plus Britney and Brittany equals perfection!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I loved this week's episode but I have to say that she is my least favorite character. She has some fun one-liners though.