Friday, October 1, 2010

10 Reasons I love October

Last night we gathered at Northpoint Community Church with other volunteers and staff to celebrate the church's 15th anniversary.  In short, it was an amazing night.  All I can say is WOW - it is unbelievable how far our church has reached in only 15 short years.  We have satellite campuses all over the world now - it is crazy.  Bill Hybels from Willow Creek Community Church in Chicago spoke last night - what a treat!  I'm so thankful to be a part of such an irresistible church and I can't wait to see the growth in the next 15 years. 
 
And we've also got an action-packed weekend ahead!  The hub and I are volunteering all day tomorrow at Dave Ramsey's LIVE Event here in Atlanta.  And Sunday my parents are joining us at church and then we're all going to brunch afterward to celebrate my upcoming birthday (Woot!), and then on to the High Museum of Art to see the Dali exhibit.  So fun!  I have a love/hate relationship with Bank of America, but I do love their museum freebies on the first weekend of every month!
 
And not only is today Friday, but it's the first day of my favorite month, October!  I love the fresh start of a new month, don't you?  Especially when it's the BEST month.  So to get us all started off on the right foot, here are my top 10 reasons why October is the greatest!
 
1.  October means FALL is finally here!  The best season of the year!
 
2.  October always means some big football games for my Dawgs.  Namely Tennessee and Florida.  Can we maybe win some this year?  Geez.  Next subject.
 
3.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month! My mom and my dad's sister are both breast cancer survivors, so this disease has very much touched our lives.  Plus, that means everything is pink.  What is better than pink?!
 
4.  October means Dave Ramsey is in town!!!  Actually he's right across the street from me now doing his EntreLeadership program.  He usually comes to town around this time every year and we make sure we're there!
 
5.  October means I get to break out my favorites: cords and driving mocs.
 
6.  October 2010 brings with it the hub's 1st *real* paycheck in over a year - so yeah, we're pretty damn excited.
 
7.  October 2010 is also exciting because we'll be starting our first IVF cycle later this month!  Counting down the days!
 
8.  October means Halloween!  Which is the official start of the holiday season!  My absolute favorite time of year!
 
9.  October, speaking of holidays, is when I bust out my master Christmas spreadsheet and really get crackin' on gifts!  I've already got a couple done.
 
10.  Finally, October is the best because it's my BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!  I love my birthday!!!  My mom took me on a little Old Navy shopping spree today at lunch, so the party's already started!  My actual birthday is the 6th, but I like to stretch it out as far as I possibly can, on either side.  Woot woot!
 
Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend and a fantastic October!

7 comments:

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

do you know bill willits? he is the group life pastor at north point. anyway, he's really good friends with cooper and his family...and actually married us.
small world! :-)

Ellen said...

LOL...I hear ya about the Dawgs. This is getting just a LEEETLE embarrassing. It stinks 'cause I live in Tennessee, too — so I'm surrounded by the enemy :0

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Happy almost birthday,old lady!! Have a fabulous weekend!

BroncoMom said...

Have a fantastic win.
I think our Dawgs will win big!!!
I am headed to Athens next weekend to watch them take on the Vols. Can hardly stand myself...love em. Let's say it together......GOOOOOOO Dawgs! Sic'em -woooof woooof!!

Unknown said...

Oct is my fav too! The first hint of Fall in ATL (lovin the weather today!)...pumpkin lattes, halloween...and breakin out those Fall clothes! Love it!!! AND-you *do* have a lot to be excited about!!!

XOXO!
P
http://pammyblogsbeauty.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

I love October too:) I noticed the tweets about having wheat & cheese in the sidebar...I would say add some kombucha tea if you can get it. That always lessens my discomfort if I have been accidentally "glutened." Woohoo for birthday/halloween/IVF this month!!!

Jill said...

Happy birthday {early!} Hope your year ahead is wonderfully blessed!