Friday, May 1, 2009

Prom night.

The hub was so totally last minute, but he asked me to the prom! OMG. Hahaha... Yes, this is where we'll be heading tonight...



The Buford Business Alliance is putting this event on and we've known about it and thought it'd be fun (I totally love any chance to dress up, you know), but the tickets were like $70/couple. No thanks... Dave said, hell no! But Wednesday one of our good friends called us to tell us she scored a second pair of FREE tickets and did we want them? Hellz yeah! We loves free, you know.

But getting ready for prom in two days is no easy task. Thank goodness it's black tie optional... the hub's just going to don a nice dark suit. And sadly, I have given away most of my occasion dresses. So I have very little options in that department. Most of my cocktail dresses are wintery because I usually get them for holiday parties... so I'm resorting to just a plain black dress. I'll play it up with some fab shoes and fun accessories to make it a little more fun. Gosh, the old me would have run out and dropped some dollas on a new frock as soon as I found out I was going. I'm just too gosh darn sensible now. So once again, we're shopping in my closet. It should be a really fun night though - I'm excited. And a little birdie told me I might be getting a wrist corsage... hehehehehe!

Other exciting things today? Auntie Flo arrived late last night. She's a bitch, but I was glad to see her. Because that means it's time to get this Buford Baby show on the road! I'm calling my RE this morning as soon as the office opens to see when I need to come in. I'm guessing they'll either have me go ahead and come in today or Monday at the latest to do an ultrasound and bloodwork and get my Clomid fix. And no worries... I'm not going to take you through every grueling detail of this process and the next, but I'll let y'all know where I am.

Hope you all have a fantabulous Friday! Time to get my hairs dried and out the door... xoxoxo

7 comments:

BroncoMom said...

Hey Betty..
I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hope the prom is the fab-u-lous for you both!!

Lucky in Love said...

Have fun at prom :)

Mags said...

Have fun at the prom.

My thoughts are with you for a successful cycle coming up!!!

Hopsy said...

Have fun this evening and I hope your next cycle is successful too!

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

hey! are you going to the jazz festival next weekend? maybe we'll see you around! :0)

Buford Betty said...

Natalie - yep, we will be there! We're going to the wine tasting thing at the Bona Allen... we went last year - it was fun!

News Readin' Wife said...

Sounds like such a fun event! Hope you had fun...

Good thoughts and prayers for you in the coming weeks. Your positivity is truly inspiring.