Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Memorial Day, y'all!

Oh, do I love me a 3-day weekend, or WHAT?! I think they should be standard. Four-day work weeks, three-day weekends. I'd work 10-hr days to get that done - no question. So anyway, we've got like cookout-palooza this weekend. We are totally party hopping today starting at 2pm. Cookout at one friend's house... then we're hopping over to the hub's boss' house for a luau, then stopping by a graduation party for the hub's old boss' daughter... then finally a neighborhood luau after that. (What's with the luau theme?) Anyway... I expect to be FULLY exhausted come 10pm. Then we've got another cookout at another friend's house on Sunday afternoon. We are gonna be cooked out.

I hope you all have fabu holidays... a special heartfelt thanks to all of the men and women who lost their lives defending our fab country. I hope everyone takes a minute between BBQ's this weekend to toast to them!

And now I'm just trying to figure out what the heck to wear today... can one outfit make it through FOUR parties? Especially outdoor ones? I'm thinking a refresh might be necessary before the neighborhood luau. Plus I feel like a beached whale because I'm pretty bloated from that damn shot I had to take last week. It gives you early pregnancy symptoms - which is rather cruel, really. So my sore boobs and fat belly are a total tease. The drugs should be outta my system in the next couple of days, so if these little symptoms stick around, I'll really start to wonder. But right now I'm not putting much stock in them.

OK off to get ready for our gazillion parties! Have a great one!!! xoxoxo

6 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

I am still keeping my fingers crossed and praying for you in the hub! Have fun at your parties.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Happy party weekend!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I am praying for you guys as well. I would take a change of clothes in case you want to freshen up. Have fun!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Maybe all the busyness will take your mind off those wonderful side effects. But if there are kids around I doubt it! But I know it will happen for ya'll soon!!!

Elizabeth said...

Wouldn't that be great, four-day work weeks, three-day weekends! Sounds like you had a great weekend! :)

LSU Melanie said...

I bet you will look super cute! Have Fun!