Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh yeah, it's Cinco de Mayo!

I kinda forgot that was this week... I've got lots of random things going on all week, so it slipped my mind. Don't think we're doing anything though - we ain't got no margarita cizzash. But a very happy 5/5 to you all... may your bellies be filled with excessive amounts of cheese dip, 'ritas, and Corona.

So I had my first doctor visit yesterday for this first IUI cycle... did the clomid check ultrasound, some bloodwork, and met with one of the nurse practitioners to go over the deets. The hub also came in to do some bloodwork. Poor guy got stuck in over an hour's worth of traffic for a 30 second finger prick. But all went well and when I checked out they told me I had a $100 credit toward my bill - sweet. That's always a fun surprise. Anyway, so I started my clomid last night. I really don't remember if I had any side effects the last time I was on it, but I guess we'll see! I go back on Monday for another ultrasound to make sure I'm where I should be in my cycle, etc. Then I probably won't have to go back in till they do the actual insemination. And then it's the waiting game... and if Flo decides to pop in again next month, we'll start over.

I was talking about this all with my good friend, Jill (who is expecting her first through IVF!!), and it's funny how my attitude is with this whole IUI thing. And I think Jill had sorta the same thoughts as I do. The other day my mom was like, "well, we'll just be praying hard and keeping our fingers crossed and oh I hope you're not going to be heartbroken if this doesn't work," etc, etc... But the thing is, I'm totally not going into this with any sky-high hopes. That's not to say I'm pessimistic about it at all - definitely not... but I'm just not banking on anything coming out of this. My attitude is more like, OK... we'll give this a good solid try. But still, in my heart of hearts I just feel like we'll end up doing IVF before it's all said and done. So right now I'm just praying for God to boost my faith up a notch. I absolutely have faith that he can do anything and this certainly could work for us, but it'll be a shocker to me if it does. So we'll see! Either way, even if it doesn't work, I think the process may give my doctor a clearer picture of what's (not) going on in my busted oven.

Well enough baby talk... this week is jam-packed with some good quality girl time, so I'm definitely looking forward to that. Tomorrow we're hitting up Shecky's Girls Night Out and then Thursday, kuntry bride and I are going with Lucky to look at wedding gowns!!! The first spot she wants to try is New Natalie's. Any Atlanta girls have experience with them? I have never been, so I've got nuthin'. This is just her first stop, so I'm sure there will be others. She is not wanting to spend a gazillion dollars on a dress... I'm thinking she's shooting for the $1000-$1500 range tops. I really want to get her into the Nicole Miller boutique here because I think her bridal gowns would suit Lucky so well, and they're affordable... we'll see! Any other bridal salons in town in that price range that you all would suggest? It's been over 7 years (wow) since I shopped for my dress and I only hit a couple of places (Bridals by Lori and Saks). So we're SO looking forward to that! Can't wait to see my dear friend in a wedding gown...

OK y'all... gotta go dry my hair and get this show on the road. Hope you all have a fab Tuesday! I'll catch you on the other side... xoxoxo

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Dress shopping is so much fun! Good luck to your friend. :)

GoodnessGraces said...

I've never been to David's Bridal, but I have friends that claim it is better than New Natalie's. I've been to New Natalie's once with a friend and a couple of others bridesmaids. It was horrible. Service is nil, dresses are ugly and they tear the tags out so if you find something you like you haven't a clue the designer. We spent more time laughing at the bad dresses and found 1 out of hundreds for her to try on, but we left instead.

As a result, I avoided when I went shopping. I found my dress at Bride Beautiful. Ask for Gail. They make it very easy to see the dresses and the prices are great. Another couple of good places are Wedding Angels in Roswell (service is very good) and Formally Yours in Lilburn. Formally Yours offers 10% off if you buy it the first day (they are lenient with what is considered first day) and like 20% off if you pay in full. I may have the percentages wrong, but it is a great deal. Unfortunately the designed I loved and bought (San Patrick) they didn't sell.

Have a great time!! Also report back how Shecky's is! I am going on Thursday night.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I agree girl, we don't have the extra cash laying around to indulge in corona's and margs. So, maybe we will have tacos at home! haha.

Jill said...

It's been 7 years now, but I got my bridesmaids dresses at New Natalies. Don't go there looking for customer service, but if you are looking for a deal, it can be a good place. I was pleased with what I got! But, again, this was for bridesmaids, not wedding gowns...

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm making myself a fish taco and calling it a night. I can't wait to hear about the dress shopping- y'all will have so much fun! Yeah for starting IUI!! When is your insemination?

cancersucks said...

I'll be thinking and praying for you with your IUI. My bff had a lot of fertility problems. She kept the faith even through the hard times and has 2 beautiful girls. I wish you all the best!

Jill said...

I got my dress (off the rack) in LaRaines in VA Highlands. They used to be on St. Charles but I think they've moved to the little house where Harvest was. Anywho...LaRaine can be a bit nutty. I had a great experience getting my own dress, but when I took my attendants back to get their dresses we were bumped from the big dressing room and treated like crap. But the dresses selection was good and the prices were great.

georgiagirlincarolina said...

I got my dress at LaRaines in VA Highlands after going just about everywhere. I had a great experience and everyone was super helpful. I wasn't a fan of Bridals by Lori - it was a total zoo, and I felt like they rushed me because the budget was under $5000, instead of over $10,000. I know I went to New Natalie's, but can't really remember what I thought of it - we went so many places that they started to blur together...