Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ultimate Blog Party - come on in!


Hey gals! If you've hopped over from The Ultimate Blog Party, welcome! I'm all about finding more and more blog friends, so I thought this sounded so fun. At first I wasn't sure if non-mommas were allowed, but they are, so here I am! Hosting a *party* and talking about myself... is there anything more fun?

OK so a little about me... I'm a 30-year-old Southern girl, married to my hubby of 5+ years and living in the Atlanta 'burbs - Buford, actually. People here always bark about the "Buckhead Betties" so I decided I'll be a Buford Betty - you know, bring some city chic to my little redneck 'burb. I've been in the Atlanta area since I was 2, so it's pretty much all I know. The hub and I have three precious pooches (in case my banner didn't give that away). They're our babies and we are nutz over them. Yes, nutz with a *z* - that is especially nuts. We've been trying to get preggers for roughly 2 1/2 years now - you can see all the details of that hot mess on the right. It's of course been a big struggle for us, and it certainly gets harder as time goes on, but we never let it slow us down. We know it's gonna happen when it's meant to - so for now we're just living up our time together as "just us" - because y'all know that goes out the window once tots are in the picture!

You can really read up on what I'm about here - some of my quirky habits and whatnot. But in general... I'm very girly. I like pretty things. I like wearing pretty things, making pretty things... yep - super girly. I love all things preppy but I like to throw in a little mod and funk in there too sometimes. I think fashion is all about fun and I just love it. I'm definitely an accessories girl. I'll cringe at spending more than $8 on a tank top, but I won't think twice about dropping cash on a new Kate Spade bag or some killer shoes. Well that's if I'm not on shopping hiatus (which I totally am right now and it sucks).

Besides my hubby and dogs, one of my biggest thrills is spending time with my beloved girlfriends. I can't imagine life without them. They're all so different and unique and I'm a better person for knowing them all. I truly treasure my relationships with my girls and I get in as much girl time as I can. You can actually catch my bestest girl here. She's fabulous and you'll agree, I'm sure.

As for things I like to do... I love to throw a party and I usually enjoy the planning process more than the actual party. I have my own invitation business so that keeps me busy in my spare time. I work with a lot of brides, which is super fun because I love everything about weddings. I love trying fun new restaurants - my parents have always kinda been foodies, so I take after them on that for sure. I'm not at all outdoorsy. The idea of hiking or camping sounds like pure torture to me. (Probably something else I inherited from my parents.) I'm also a big home-body. I love going out to dinner and meeting friends or going on a date with the hub, but often my ideal evening is lounging on the couch with a glass of wine and the remote.

That's me in a nutshell really... a large nut. As for my little party here, I will share a yummy crockpot recipe that we tried out this week and LOVED. I found it on Spark People and immediately tried it. Very low cal and very yum-o (my favorite combo)...


Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Stew

1 onion, chopped
1 16oz can black beans
1 16oz can kidney beans
1 16oz can corn (drained)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
2 14.5oz cans Rotel
1 packet taco seasoning
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Mix everything together in your crockpot except the chicken. Lay chicken breasts on top and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Before serving, shred the chicken and stir in. Great served with sour cream and cheese in a bowl. Or with chips or even as taco filling.


Yeah the hub raved about this one. It's definitely spicy with the Rotel - so if you want to take it down a notch, substitute one of the Rotel cans for a can of plain diced tomatoes. I just had the leftovers for lunch today. Mmmm.... I do love me a good crockpot recipe!

Well thanks so much for popping in to my little party! Please leave a comment if you're a newbie - I'd love to visit you, too! :-) Have a great week and be sure to drop by again!

9 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds Delish! I have some cooked chicken & was trying to decide what to make. I have everything else in the recipe so I will go for it:)

Breezy said...

Found your blog through "People May Grumble" as she and I go way back. I enjoy reading your blog and LUV that you love pink. I haven't tried any of your recipes, but keep them comin' b/c I will...I'm just, well, lazy.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Just stopping by your party! Lovin' the pink and a crock pot recipe! I just read your side bar with your quest for pregnancy! Wow. I wish you all the luck in the world for something to work!
Come on over with a glass of wine to my party!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Look at you- hosting a party even on our blog! How creative!!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I have similar shopping habits!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

xoxo

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Happy Partying... though I will say after days of partying I am starting to get a hangover... hehehe... Hi from a crazy Aussie living in Florida who loves travelling and photography... don't be a stranger drop by and say hi... take care and party hearty....

LSU Melanie said...

Good times! Blog parties, how clever! Thanks for the wonderful recipe..seems easy enough for me to cook:) Glad your back! Oh and THIN MINTS are the DEVIL!!!!! I cannot eat less than 10 at one time, and yes I have 3 boxes in my work frig as we speak....I just Can't resist.............

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Thanks for the recipe. Will have to try that this weekend.

Enjoy your party. The kidlets and I will be having a couch party too...watching Charlotte's Web. Why does it have to have a spider in it?

Lori said...

So that's where your name came from?! I always wondered because I knew your name wasn't Betty! :)