Thursday, March 20, 2008

Scary Weather Part II


Holy hell this pic is crazy! I know it's kinda hard to see with it being this small, but that dark column just to the right of the Bank of America building (the tallest one on the left) is the actual twister that hit last Friday. How scary looking is that?! There is still lots of cleanup going on downtown. I haven't been down there this week, but a couple of my girlfriends and I are having a "slumber party" tomorrow night at my friend's condo in Grant Park. She said driving around her area it's like war zone.... untouched.... war zone.... untouched. Luckily, her little condo was completely untouched! And I'm so glad our slumber party wasn't last Friday. She was out of town, so she actually missed all the drama. Anyway, I guess I'll get to see some of the damaged areas tomorrow night. So many people lost their homes - it's really sad.

On another note, please keep me and the hub in your prayers! We are struggling financially right now - well we always are, given that we still have two damn house payments! But it's been especially tough the last couple of months with the hub switching jobs and also the continued piling on of medical bills (and those will only grow!). Legal issues with the hub's old office have surfaced (non-compete stuff) - can't really talk about that, but yeah, just another thorn in the side. Plus it looks like we will end up owing this year on taxes - which sucks ass. Oh believe me - we're dumpster diving for deductions this year! So hopefully I can widdle that down as much as possible before 4/15. I'm not one to complain about money issues - afterall, we made our own bed (OK not the medical part though - God, you get those points). So I'm not asking or praying for a miracle fix; my prayer is just to continue to trust in God and know that he'll provide. He always has - it's truly amazing. We've had months before where we're just like, how the hell are we gonna make it? And something shows up out of the blue or something changes - and look! - we made it. So it's really just a matter of me trusting in God and taking it one day at a time. And of course praying for him to help me make smart decisions everyday (i.e. continuing my lousy shopping hiatus). And I have wonderful parents that have offered time and time again to help us out, but I *hate* asking for help. It's comforting to have that safety net, but it would always be a last, last, LAST resort. We're also toying with the idea of throwing our townhouse back on the market to see if we can rid ourselves of it at last. I know we'll probably have to take a hit on it, but hey - it's really just a money pit right now, so what's the diff? So yeah - prayers please! And if anyone's lookin' for a killer townhouse in Dunwoody, I can totally hook you up.

Alright - I'll be back later with some less dreary content. Happy Friday Eve - woot woot!!!

6 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Hang in there! My husband and I live off of one income, so I totally understand the financial worries! God always provides though.

Etiquettely Correct said...

You'll be in my prayers. It will get better soon.

Lady Law Dawg said...

Tell me more about the townhouse in Dunwoody . . .

Lady Law Dawg said...

With my earlier comment, I meant to add that you will be in my thoughts & prayers . . .

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You are always in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Money problems suck. I am living them right now. Enjoy your night with your girlfriends! Have fun, with no worries of money or weather!