Friday, March 21, 2008

There goes another one...

So remember how I told y'all last week that one of the couples in our small group announced they were unexpectedly preggers? Yeah so last night we had group again and guess what happened... Yep. Another couple announces they're pregnant. I swear everyone around us is gettin' knocked up. It's pretty comical sometimes really. It doesn't get me down - it's just more like oh geez, another one? I'd be lying if I said it didn't sting just a little, but I'm just not the whoah-is-me type. Well of course I and the other chick in our group with baby-making issues are hoping this is contagious! It would be fun for all of us to be sportin' big bellies at the same time. Haha - we'll see!

So tonight is my girls' night and I'm beyond excited! We're staying at my friend's condo in Grant Park and walking somewhere fun for dinner. Then we're getting up early to go to breakfast and then get pedi's at a local spa. I need a pedi SOOOOO bad. (I know the gals in my yoga class think so.) And just in time for Easter! I must have pretty toes for their spring debut on Easter Sunday. I've been gloppin' on (is that a word?) my self tanner lotion all week so my pasty whites don't scare the small children. I'm wearing a repeat of last year's Easter look - but we're actually attending a different campus of our church now, so it's not *really* a repeat then, is it?! It's a great Lilly shift dress I got at Off 5th last year. And a lime green 3/4 sleeve cardi and my Lilly espadrilles. I wore the crap out of these last year... love them! I got them for like $40 online from Saks last year.


So yeah - looking forward to my little girly getaway tonight. I need it after the week I've had! And thanks to all of you for your sweet comments on my last post. Y'all are always so encouraging! Alright - signing off. TGIF and Happy Easter if I don't pop back on before then!

9 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

You know, now that you mention it, I know a ton of people who are announcing their pregnancies?! I should stop drinking the water around here.

I am in desperate need of a pedicure too. My feet are not a pretty sight right now. I love the gold shoes you found. I usually wear gold shoes with my Lilly too.

Have a Happy Easter!

Jill said...

Cute shoes. Happy Easter!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Your outfit sounds cute! Happy Easter to you too, and may the baby dust that is among all of your friends drift your way soon!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Hope your girl's night was fun! You will look sassy in your Lilly tomorrow! Happy Easter!

Michelle said...

Happy, happy Easter!

Etiquettely Correct said...

Hope you had a happy Easter and a fun girl's night!

Preppy Lizard said...

Love the Lilly Shoes. It snowed here on Easter so no cute shoes or dresses for me this year!

Hopefully some of that baby dust blows your way too.

Hope you had a Happy Easter!

The Mrs. said...

I remember everyone getting preggers around me and saying "We weren't even trying!" I wanted to MURDER them! Your girls night out sound like a blast!!!!

Deb said...

Boy....you guys have a lot going on! I know how you feel about everyone around you getting pregnant. It got to the point where I could no longer even go to a baby shower!! It does hurt! I hope everything works out with your townhome! Hang in there and have a great week!