Tuesday, July 10, 2007

100 Things About Me

1. I'm a libra through and through. It amazes me how I truly try to "balance" things. Everything from my outfit to my life. Guess there's a little truth in all that stuff?!

2. I can use both sides of my brain. I'm a CPA, so in a lot of ways I have a very A-type personality. I have an Excel spreadsheet for everything. But I'm also very creative and artsy at the same time. I can do your tax returns and wrap them up in the most fabulous packaging.

3. I was born in Montgomery, AL... four days early, weighing in at 9lbs, 1 oz. We moved to Atlanta when I was still in diapers. Haven't left.

4. I'm a Christian who's not a big fan of organized religion.

5. Sixteen Candles is probably my all-time favorite movie.

6. I have a ridiculous supply of ribbon.

7. When I was little, I wanted to be a professional gift wrapper at Macy's when I grew up. My parents were so proud.

8. I'm absolutely terrified of spiders and roaches.

9. I have a dangerous obsession with designer shoes. Especially since I don't have a designer budget.

10. I love cheese. Perhaps more than anything else.

11. I love to read, but rarely find (or make) the time... really the only solid reading I get in is during a pedicure or when I'm on vacation.

12. Speaking of pedi's... I have a love/hate relationship with pedicures. I love them, but my feet are soooooo ticklish and I'm so afraid I'm going to kick the poor girl in the face.

13. And while we're on the subject of toes... you'll never see me wearing open-toe shoes with unpolished toes. Never.

14. I have a strange obsession with Robert Downey, Jr. I refer to him as "Bob." I actually wrote him a letter while in college. I probably shouldn't have admitted that.

15. I freaking love Costco. I mean where else can you get a $23 Lilly Pulitzer dress and a honkin' huge jar of artichoke hearts? And who can beat the $1.50 hot dog and coke combo?

16. I think my husband was made just for me. I'm not sure anyone else could handle him. We met at UGA in geology class. He thought I was a snobby sorority girl and I thought he was a stupid fraternity boy. Neither of us were Greek.

17. I love scrapbooking, but I never ever do it. I don't have time. I think I have 3 or 4 unfinished albums lying around somewhere.

18. I love having fresh flowers in our home. I usually grab some of those cheap ones from Publix on my shopping trips... I forget what they're called, but they're 3 packs for $10 and they last for a good two weeks.


19. I'm not into sweets really. Give me any restaurant's dessert menu and I will maybe find one item on there I'd eat.

20. I love my church and I like to talk about it.

21. I have a really weird obsession with maternity clothes. I've never been pregnant.

22. I love monogrammed anything.... love it. But I'm very much against the "couple's monogram." (It's not a duogram, people.)

23. I only eat dark chocolate.

24. Cereal is one of my favorite things to eat... especially as a late night snack. Actually that's pretty much the only time I eat it.

25. I'm not big on candy, but I love M&M's. I like to keep a bag of plain ones in the freezer. I love my chocolate cold... I think I got that from my grandfather. He always had a bag of Hershey's kisses in the fridge door.

26. I love Target. I hate Wal-mart (though I must admit I get groceries there quite often).

27. Entertaining is one of my favorite things to do. It can also send me into a mild panic attack... but I love it.

28. I almost went to SCAD to study fashion design. I ended up with an accounting degree from UGA. Go figure. So I've got the very practical degree and the very practical job, but lately I'm really itching to get less practical. (I haven't given up on the fashion design thing just yet.)

29. I have three muts and they are my babies.

30. I visit Perez Hilton at least 10 times a day. I don't feel the need to go anywhere else for my celeb gossip.

31. It's not a guilty pleasure... I don't try to hide it... I love Britney Spears. I think she's a nutjob, but I love her. If only she and JT would get back together, the world would be right again.

32. I'm a big, big Harry Potter fan and I could talk about it for hours.

33. I was a cheerleader all through junior high and high school.

34. I'm a huge animal lover... especially doggies (see #29). Nothing gets me more upset than hearing some story on the news about some dog being mistreated. It affects me more than stories about people getting murdered...even kids...yikes. I can't help it.

35. I love diet coke so much, but I can't drink it with a meal... I'll feel totally bloated. I only have the occassional soda as a snack... it's pretty rare. I try to stick to water as much as possible.

36. I detest working out. But I have come to love yoga. I've also - are you ready for this? - become a bit of a *runner* lately. We'll see how long that lasts.

37. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer was pretty much the best show ever on television. I own the entire series on DVD.

38. I love anything and everything about etiquette. And I'm pretty traditional when it comes to rules of etiquette... like those certain rules that have been broken for so long that they becomes socially acceptable - I find that annoying. And wrong!

39. I'm a Kate Spade fanatic. Her stuff is so delicious.

40. You'll rarely ever find me just vegging out doing nothing... I don't have time to, and when I do, I feel guilty. I'm always coming up with things I need to do. It's really annoying, actually.

41. I've never been in a tanning bed.

42. I've never seen an illegal drug. OK well our health teacher in junior high school did pass some stuff around in class one day so we could "see" it, but that hardly counts.

43. I went to private school for junior high and high school (if you hadn't caught on to that by #42) and I plan to do everything in my power to put my (future) kids into private school (hopefully my alma mater) as well. I'm a big believer in private education.

44. I wear heels most every day. I feel short and stumpy in anything flat at the office. Weekends are an entirely different story... especially in the summer!

45. I love wine. And I LOVE sangria. I rarely ever drink beer. The only liquor drink I'll have is in a margarita.

46. I've never been much for the club/bar scene. We did our fair share in college... but really to me, nothing beats a fun dinner out with your girlfriends with good wine and good convo...

47. I love any kind of bisque... especially lobster bisque. If it's on the menu, I HAVE to get it.

48. New York City is my favorite place to visit. We try to go as much as we can. If money were no object, we'd probably move there - at least for a while.

49. Probably the best trip I ever took was to South Africa. It's absolutely breathtaking and I can't wait to go back one day and show it all to my husband.

50. I HATE bananas.

51. I'm an only child and so was my mom. I want 2 or 3 kids of my own though.

52. I'm not super chatty... I'm more of a listener. I can be pretty shy around new people. My husband is the COMPLETE opposite.

53. I used to be really freaked out by little kids until my friends started having babies. I think I'm pretty good with them now. My husband and I even worked in the nursery at church for a while. I kept getting sick though, so I had to quit.

54. I love online shopping. I definitely do way more online shopping than shopping in actual stores. Getting stuff in the mail is so fun... especially when you forget you ordered something and suddenly it's on your doorstep! Plus you can get some seriously amazing deals online.

55. I'm never totally caught up on laundry. I can't imagine how it will be when we have kids... this is a constant source of stress in our household!

56. I don't really get annoyed by traffic. People always complain about Atlanta traffic, but it's all I've ever known. So to me, that's just the way it is. It only bothers me when really bad traffic pops up at a totally unexpected time... like at 8am on a Sunday. And it happens.

57. I love anything and everything about weddings. I think it'd be a blast to be a wedding stylist - that's one of my many dream careers.

58. My parents met at Auburn University and have been married for almost 40 years. My dad is still my hero. I think my mom was a little heartbroken that I didn't go to Auburn. Sorry Mom... I look much cuter in red & black.

59. I have several really close girlfriends and I couldn't imagine my life without them. I see these moms sometimes that have just gotten so into their own little world with kids and family that they don't have REAL girlfriends anymore... that terrifies me.

60. I'm always changing my hair. I get bored really quickly. I suppose my hair stylist loves the challenge though. :-)

61. I used to dance growing up. Ballet, tap, jazz... I miss it terribly sometimes and wish I'd never given it up (I quit in the 7th grade for #33). Whenever we get around to finishing our basement, we're putting in a "dance room" - equipped with wall to wall mirrors, a ballet barre, and plenty of dance floor space. Dancing is really the only cardio workout I like. And there's no better workout.

62. I tore up my right ankle when I fell from a cheerleading stunt my senior year of high school, two days before our region competition. I was out for the year and completely devastated. My ankle is still very sensitive and jacked up looking, but I like to think of it as a battle scar.


63. Both my husband and I had teddy bears as kids that we named "Lisa." I have no idea where I came up with the name. He named his after a babysitter he had a crush on. I still have my Lisa.

64. I detest the word "panties" and refuse to speak it. I prefer "undies."


65. Although I'm not a big sweets or dessert person, I LOVE ice cream. But I only like simple flavors... if it has more than two "ingredients," I can't handle it. I don't like vanilla though. It's pointless. A total waste of calories, in my opinion.

66. I like filling out forms. This is so nerdy... but as a kid I would make random forms on the computer, print them, and then fill them out.

67. My dad is a total computer nerd, so we always had at least 2 or 3 computers in our house. I think I was 3 or 4 when I first had my own (hence #66). So it's hard for me to imagine life without one.

68. I'm a very loyal person.

69. I can do a pretty damn good British accent.

70. I'm addicted to the Crystal Light On the Go packets.

71. At home or at the office I'll fix my coffee with two Coffee-mate French Vanilla creamers. At a restaurant I'll do half of a sweet-n-low or splenda packet and enough cream to get it to a certain color. (That's just regular coffee though. Starbucks is an entirely different matter.)

72. I'm a fish taco connoisseur. Currently tied for first are the fish tacos at La Fonda and Armando's. Honorable mentions go to La Paz and Taqueria del Sol.

73. I'm a people pleaser. I can't stand conflict and I avoid it at all cost.

74. I always write thank-you notes and get annoyed with people who don't.

75. I have really long toes and long skinny fingers, but I'm only 5'4" -ish. I got them from my mom. The fingers I like, but I could go for some smaller feet! I was doomed from the beginning though... my mom wears a 9.5 and my dad wears a 12.

76. I work best under pressure.

77. I'm really good at drawing. I kinda had forgotten about this... because when do I ever really draw? I used to all the time in school... but anyway, I see it as yet another indication that I'm destined to be a fashion designer. (At least that's what I tell myself.)

78. I get annoyed when people misuse "myself." Poor grammar in general really bugs me... not that I'm perfect by ANY means, but I try. Though, in emails to friends... I have the worst grammar in the world. I type the way I think... capitalization and punctuation are thrown out the door!

79. I like burnt popcorn. I add 20 seconds to the normal pop time for microwave popcorn to get it good and burned.

80. My husband and I have been dealing with infertility for the past 3+ years. It sucks ass, but we're still full of hope. If I ever needed God in life, it's definitely now. It's been a tough road, but I've learned SO much from it. (Wow, we went from burnt popcorn to that?! Just keepin' you on your toes, dear readers!)

81. I have a "someday" closet. It has several Lilly dresses for little girls and other random things I've collected for my imaginary daughter. Not to mention a pretty fab maternity wardrobe that's collecting dust. I'm a total scavenger on clearance maternity sites pretty much nothing left since Dave Ramsey made me sell all my shit.

82. One of my favorite bands of all time is Green Day. I go see them every time they come here in concert. I have a little crush on Billie Joe... even though he's totally not my type in the real world.

83. My husband and I did not live together until after we were married... apparently, that is rare these days.

84. My favorite salad is a good Caprese. There's nothing better than beautiful tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.

85. I detest techno music... which helps explain my not being into the club scene. If something techno-like comes on the radio, I immediately switch channels and even scream a little bit out of frustration.

86. I'm trying to learn how to sew. So far I've made one curtain panel and a sash. Hey, it's something.

87. I'm completely obsessed with online banking. I log in to check my accounts multiple times a day.

88. My closet is always neat (not necessarily perfect, but very neat). The whole house can go to hell, but I always manage to keep my closet orderly because I'm rather OCD about it. Everything has its particular spot. All items are arranged by category, and then by color. It's a shame I'm not this way about any other room in the house!

89. I won't eat leftover chicken. I think it tastes funky. What I really mean is I won't eat chicken cooked or reheated in the microwave. I think that's what makes it taste bad. Therefore I won't eat any Lean Cuisines (my normal lunch at work) that have chicken in them - which unfortunately is like 65% of them.

90. I have bought probably 25 different kinds of planners over the years, and I just never have been able to keep up with them. They just end up taking up space in my bag. My whole life is on my Outlook/Google calendar and I feel very lost when I can't access it.

91. I love board games and I plan on instituting "family game night" once we have kids.

92. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. I love everything about it and I look forward to it all year long.

93. I think I had the makings of a good sorority girl, but it just wasn't for me. I rushed my freshman year, went all the way through every round, but I just knew it wasn't my thing (at least not with the choices I was left with). My mom was disappointed at first - she was the president of hers at Auburn. I know it's different everywhere you go, but it just felt so political and superficial to me. And though I'm a lot of things, I'm not a bullshitter.

94. I think I could eat Mexican food every day of the week and not get tired of it.

95. I am not at all "outdoorsy." Not even a little bit. I appreciate air conditioning and indoor plumbing and don't feel the need to go without them - at least not by choice.

96. I still meet my three high school girlfriends once a month for dinner.

97. I love giving gifts and I get the most joy out of wrapping them up in some fun and creative way. To me, the wrapping is half of the gift.

98. I'm much better with words on paper. I'm a good writer, but I often trip over my words when speaking. Unless I'm talking about something I'm super passionate about, I'm a terrible public speaker.

99. I like to drink a glass of wine while cooking. It just makes it way more fun.

100. My heart skips a beat when I walk into J. Crew.

No comments: