Friday, October 24, 2008

Buford Betty Fashion Week.

Happy Friday, lovelies! It's a rainy one here, but oh, it's still a Friday. The hub's in a wedding this weekend, so we've got the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner tonight and then the wedding day festivities tomorrow. It's hard to work around football schedules, but I do love a good fall wedding. In the South, the first thing you do when planning a fall wedding (and already people here cringe at the idea) is to pull out the football schedule. Now I personally can't say anything, because the hub and I did in fact get married on the day of the GA/FL game six years ago. I know, I KNOW! But we had a reason. I wanted a fall wedding, but I obviously would've picked a better Saturday than that one if it hadn't been... my parents' wedding anniversary. Their 34th wedding anniversary happened to fall on a Saturday in the year we wanted to get married - it was just meant to be. And the funny thing is... six years later... we STILL get crap for getting married on a major game day. So yes, it's a very big deal. And I imagine this couple will get the same grief for the rest of their natural lives. The groom, afterall, is a huge Bama fan. But he learned quickly to shut up and say, "yes dear."

Anyway... I hope you all have fabulous weekends. And be sure to stop by next week because I'm doing a week long series of posts on one of my favorite topics.... fashion! I had initially intended to have this coincide with NY fashion week, but well.... life. So Buford Betty's just gonna have a fashion week of her own, OK? Stay tuned for some super fun posts next week and I can't wait to get your opinions as well. In the mean time, I'll see if I can round up a few more pics from the taping last week.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, and check the football schedules for showers, teas, etc. A friend of mine's daughter had a baby shower the day of the first game this year. Can you imagine the fallout over that. :)

Lulu said...

Yes, definitely a "southern" thing -- gotta love it!