Monday, June 30, 2008

*Sniff Sniff*

Well, we found out this morning that our buyer backed out of the deal on our townhouse. What a kick in the stomach on a Monday morning! As if Mondays aren't cruel enough on their own! Oh well... what can you do?! We're trying to take the positive spin on this and believe that there must be a better offer out there for us. So we'll go with that. Meanwhile, I'll just bug y'all for some more prayers and for someone out there to pimp our property! We knew not to get *too* excited till it was a done deal, but it still sucks ass. So keep those prayers coming!

Other than that icky news this morning, the weekend was a good one. We survived the late night out Saturday - and even stayed out for pizza after the party - CRAZY! Then Sunday afternoon we had an engagement party to attend for one of the hub's childhood friends. I wore one of my "new" Lilly's and got compliments to boot!


And the party was very fun - very low key and just a lot of fun. The bride comes from a BIG family and one of her brothers is in a band - a band that I happen to LOVE. And so when I found this bit of info out (when she and the hub's friend first started dating last year), I was like OMG. I am the most star-struck fool for celebrity types - it's seriously ridiculous. Bestest appreciates this quality in me as I will name every geographic movie reference I can possibly think of in any given location. Anyway, so this particular brother and his wife hosted the shower. He *just* flew in the night before from a show. It was a small party and for privacy's sake I best not reveal who it is, but do you KNOW how excited I was to sneak my camera into one particular room and get a shot of these babies!?!?!??!


I'm an awards show junkie so that was particularly thrilling! Anyway, fun weekend... you know - me hangin' with the celebs... the usual. Hahaha! ;-)

Hope y'all had a good one. And hopefully I'll be back soon with some good news on the townhouse.

11 comments:

Muffy said...

Looks like you had a swell time! What pretty little Grammy's!!

Kate said...

So cool!!

Etiquettely Correct said...

you are such a tease!! I want to know who it is. I will say a prayer that you sell your house soon.

Mama's the Boss said...

Boo on the house not selling. I am sorry to hear about that.

Very cool on the celebrity party. I am so jealous! :)

Scarlet O'Kara said...

How sad that your buyer backed out on the sale...but hopefully he put some earnest money down that you get to keep for your troubles.

I'll say some more prayers that a serious buyer comes along soon...

Sasha said...

So sorry they backed out! Better now than later I suppose. Silver lining and all....

kolls said...

Oh, that's awful! But at least your dress is pretty, right? :)

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

hi! i found your site through http://tracianne.com/ and i just have to ask--are you in buford?! i see you're 'buford betty' from metro Atlanta...so are you in buford? i am! small world if so! :-)

Buford Betty said...

Nataliedeltagam... totally! Or as I like to call it, Booooford!!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

I can't believe you are keeping some stars privacy! Come on, open up, make us completely jealous! Oh, wait, I already am jealous!

Polos & Pearls said...

I agree...whos the celeb? :)

cute dress... in fact, so cute I have the same one!