Saturday, June 28, 2008

Old married farts we are.

You know you're old when the idea of going down to the Highlands to a birthday shindig that doesn't start till 9 o'clock triggers an eye-roll and a big yawn. That's fine - call me old - but I'm typically a let's-get-in-bed-at-10-o'clock kinda girl. Though after celebrating one of my HS girl's 30th over "cake and cocktails" and driving back up to suburbia, I'll be rolling into bed tonight at God knows when. We go into town a lot but it's usually for dinner and most times I can come close to meeting my "curfew." Even the hub was like, "9 o'clock - seriously?!" It'll be fun I'm sure, I just wish it started a little earlier for this old fart. How boring are we?! Hahahhaha.... Oh well. I may be yawnin', but I'll be lookin' damn cute in this little number...





Maybe we better hit a Starbucks on the way out... :-)




9 comments:

Denim and Pearls said...

Oh man. You are old. We're headed out to the Highlands tonight too, but we're not even thinking about leaving our apartment until about 10pm!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

My husband I are the same way. He and I just aren't late night people. Midnight is about my limit.

I hope you all had fun!

Mad About Plaid Girl said...

So, where are you moving? We are trying to move to the North Atlanta area and our house has been on the market since freaking AUGUST! We've lowered it by 10K again. GOOD LUCK! CUte house!

Jill said...

Wait 'til you hit the big 4-0. ha! I was driving home from dinner with a couple friends last week at 9:00 and realized I rarely drive after dark these days had kind of had a hard time seeing. Not only do I go to bed early, my eyesight seems to be going, too. Hope you had a good time. Cute, cute dress.

Muffy said...

I'm the same way and I'm only 25! I hate staying out past 9p! I need my beauty sleep!!!

Etiquettely Correct said...

I love that dress!

Mama's the Boss said...

I'm a early to bed girl too & I can usually outlast my DH.

Your dress is beautiful!

Britt said...

I hear ya! I don't "Do" late nights, give me an early bedtime any day!

Breezy said...

I hear ya on the old farts...My hubby went out to meet some friends for a few drinks the other night. They didn't even go out until 10! I was like "count me out I'll be asleep!" After only 2 beers and coming home at 12:30 he needed a nap the next day. Well, Toto, we're definitely not in college anymore!