Thursday, June 19, 2008

30 going on 17.

So I ran to Target over my lunch break to finish up kuntry bride's birthday gift. I will have to take photos of it all once I get it assembled because it's pretty darn cute. I got a little gift representing each of her little quirks that we all love. Well not all - that'd be impossible. I picked five. Anyway - I'll come back to that later. So I left Target and ran through the Starbucks drive-thru for an afternoon pick-me-up. I get up to the window and the girl hands me my tall-non-fat-iced-latte-with-one-splenda and says the normal "hey, how are you," etc, etc. Then she asks me if I'm working today. "Oh yeah, sure am," I said, implying I rather not be. And then she says, "Oh! Cool, where do you work?!" This seems normal I suppose, but the way she asked me with such enthusiasm translated to something more like, "Oh that's so cute that you have a little summer job! Where do you work?!" She looked a little baffled when I told her I worked at a CPA firm just down the street. I thought she was about to ask me what a CPA was but then she just smiled a funny smile and that was the end of it.

Ha! She may've been confused, but it sure made *my* day. It's one thing when older people think I'm a spring chicken, but when people obviously several plus years my junior (I'm assuming she was like college age) think I'm younger than they are, well that's even better. I suppose what she could see of my outfit sure didn't help... I have on a bright blue jumper with an orange and white striped tee underneath. You know, something a toddler would wear. But really I've had this happen all my life. I think I just must have a really young looking face or something. I used to hate it, but now I revel in it. Hehehe...

OK, so like anyway, I totally gotta go crunch some numbers and stuff. This summer job is killer. Text me later, OK? TTFN.

WBS,
b.b.

2 comments:

Preppy Lizard said...

That is GREAT!!! I was just carded at the grocery store last week when I was buying wine. Made my day!

Mama's the Boss said...

I love when people mistake me for being younger than I really am. It makes my day.