Wednesday, May 7, 2008

5 things I love right now.

Me thinks it's time for another rendition of my favorite things... since I'm finding new ones all the time, you know. As in previous posts (here and here), these are just random *things* that I'm currently crushing on - completely unrelated to one another and in no particular order. Enjoy!





1. Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc. I'm in love with this wine right now. I go through phases with wine. I'll stumble upon one and we'll have a torrid love affair for a few months. So this is my current fling. For those of you with a more sophisticated palate, here's the skinny from wine.com...


Color: Light yellow in color with green hues and brilliant clarity.

Aroma: A distinctive Marlborough bouquet of ripe tropical and citrus fruit.

Palate: Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc is bursting with flavors of lemon, passionfruit and melon. Crisp and zesty, the palate has excellent weight and balance, lingering in a full, refreshing finish.

"Supple, intense and streamlined, with a suave array of grapefruit, mineral, herb and guava tones. Spice tones add complexity, with generous fruit and minerals fleshing out the finish. Drink now. 200,000 cases imported. From New Zealand." - Wine Spectator


I don't know what all that gobbledy-goop means. I just know it tastes damn good. Cheers!








2. Reusable Grocery Bags. It's so en vogue to be green, you know. And I'm trying to do my part. We've started recycling (after having it on the to-do list for years), I stopped buying bottled water and now use refillable bottles, and I also am using my own reusable grocery bags (when I remember to grab them on my way into the store). There are all kinds of fun bags everywhere. Most groceries have some sort of bag starting at $1 or so each. And designer bags have also come out, of course. I saw in the AJC a while back that Hermes came out with one. OK you could like buy a new clean environment with what that bag cost, but hey - I'm glad the filthy rich are all about being stylishly green too. I got some fun ones at IKEA recently for $1.49 and they are great. Total impulse buy - but they were so cheap and cute! That's definitely a good place to find some. I also found this site that has a lot of fun ones. They're a little more costly - more than I'd want to spend on grocery bags, but super cute all the same. I can't get enough of these - I'm getting bestest to make me some too so I can be even more uber stylish at the grocery.






3. Boston Legal. I do love TV. I do, I do. A glass of my Nobilo and the remote make for a dreamy night at home. I love many shows past and present, but I'd have to say Boston Legal (Wed nights on ABC at 10pm Eastern) is my current fave. I love David E. Kelley shows in general - but especially the more quirky ones like Ally McBeal and Boston Legal. I love the humor on this show. It has an amazing cast... James Spader (swoon!), William Shatner, and Candice Bergen, just to name a few. I just love the friendship between Alan (Spader) and Denny (Shatner). I love the last few minutes of the show where the two of them share a drink on their office balcony, and many times decide that a "sleepover" is in order. I love the diverse characters. I adore Christian Clemenson's character on the show, Jerry, who is nothing but lovable. He suffers from Asberger's Syndrome and has these adorable little quirks. He's beyond brilliant, yet very socially awkward. And I love that Alan cares for him so much (the two are pictured above). While the show is full of laughs, it also has some very, very touching moments. I could do a whole post on this show, but just know that I love it! I also enjoy it because it is the only - the ONLY - show the hub will watch with me. He and I have very differing opinions on what is quality television! He is a Discovery and History channel junkie. He's just not really into much else, but he does love Boston Legal. Santa even brought him some Boston Legal DVD's once...





4. Windex Multi-Purpose Cleaner. OK so if I could only have one cleaning product in my household, it would hands-down be this one. I use it everywhere. A bottle of this and a dish towel - that's all I need - for anything. It goes on every surface. It's great on granite countertops - a lot of kitchen cleaners leave streaks or kind of a dull finish on granite, but this works great. It also does decently on stainless steel appliances - which if y'all have those, you know those can be a mess with fingerprints and such. I keep a bottle everywhere so I'm never without! Love it!







5. Vera Bradley Bowler. Well y'all know I love Vera Bradley, but I must share one of my most favorite bags... one of my fabulous girlfriends turned me on to this particular style. I'm usually a simple tote or hobo girl - anything that comes XXL as I like 'em big. So really all my other Vera handbags are simple large totes. I would initially walk past this bowler bag because it appears too small for me personally. But after my friend showed me hers, I HAD to have one! It zips all the way down on either side so it opens very very wide - you can see everything. It's got tons of storage pockets - several outside the bag and inside. I just love it. It's now my #1 Vera bag of choice and I currently own it in three patterns. Two of them the hub got me (via one of my girlfriends) at the Atlanta Vera sale last fall. Love!!!

8 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

Husband and I love Boston Legal, as well. I am going to have to try that wine...

Unknown said...

Where do you buy that wine? I love Marlborough Sav Blancs, I will have to try this!!

Buford Betty said...

I have found it at both Kroger and Publix. It's around $12 a bottle. Yum-o!!!

tulipmom said...

I love Boston Legal too. Sadly I've missed the past few episodes (surprise, surprise!). I think they've done an excellent job developing the Jerry character. And James Spader is so incredible as Alan.

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing your finds~ I've never tried any of them! I use cloth bags and I have a couple of cute ones, but they're not as stylish as these! :)
I'll have to check out the Windex!

Kate said...

Love Suavignon Blac so I will definitely give the Nobilo a try! That VB bowler is adorable - I think I need to pick it up in a few colors too;)

Jill said...

We love Boston Legal at our house. It's my husband's favorite show. I'll definitely try the wine; sounds perfect for the hot summer months.

The Pink Owl said...

Just stumbled upon your blog from another one. Nice to find a fellow Vera lover! The bowler happens to be one of my favorites as well. And...that Windex Multi-purpose rocks!