Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Some of my favorite things right now...

Since this appears to be the new trend and all... I'm gonna share some of my current faves! I'm supposed to be putting together some invitation samples and I'm totally procrastinating... yikes. This is more fun though.




OK I'll start off with Aveda's Rosemary Mint Shampoo. My husband and I fell in love with this stuff when we stayed at Twelve Atlantic Station in Atlanta and they had all Aveda products in the bathroom. Not only was I raving about the shampoo - but HE was too. It has this fabulous minty smell that totally wakes you up in the morning. It's so refreshing and definitely qualifies as aroma-therapy. For sure. Now I'm really not one to spend a lot on shampoo and conditioner... I'm usually just as happy grabbing the $1.47 Suave bottle at Publix. But my husband surprised me that following Christmas with a whole goodie bag of Aveda products from this Rosemary Mint line! They really were all great - but if nothing else, go for the fabu shampoo.




Ahh... I am not a huge sweets person at all, but there is no better sweet treat than Nam's Bits. The company started here locally in metro-Atlanta, but retailers all over the country carry Nam's now. They are little bite size chocolate chip cookies and they are just heavenly. They're perfectly simple and not overly sweet. They are so cutely wrapped in prep-a-licious dippy dot ribbon. They come in a variety of different packages and make excellent gifts. They also make great party or wedding favors - they can do custom labeling and ribbon. Actually, one of my favorite online retailers, Ida Claire, often throws in a little 2 oz bag of Nam's Bits with your order - such a cute touch. It's the little things like that that'll have me coming back for more. Two of my best friends came over after my surgery to give me some TLC and they brought along some trashy celeb magazines, dinner for that night, and a huge jar of Nam's Bits (they know me so well!).






I love all things J. Crew of course... and I know they carry these flops year after year, but I have to continually rave about them. And yes, they are the cutest things ever and I have probably 10 pair, but the reason I go gaga for these flops is that they are the MOST comfortable flips flops EVER. Ever! No, don't tell me about your stinkin' Rainbow sandals and whatnot - these J. Crew flops take the cake on cuteness AND comfort. The soles are so so cushy and delicious that you can walk hour after hour without getting tired feet. And believe me, I've put them to the test. Any summer days spent walking the streets of New York are spent in these babies. Now, you will have an icky black bottomed foot after a long day of walking in these - so you have to scrub your tootsies before climbing into bed. And one important note - don't mistake the flops at J. Crew outlets for these. They may look exactly the same, but they have a completely different sole. It's a cheaper, foamy sole - not the cushy goodness that is sold online and in regular (non-outlet) J. Crew stores.



I just love, love Elf Cosmetics. I'm not sure how they do it, but who cares?! Every single item is $1. You pay a flat shipping charge, and that's it. It's a great way to experiment with some fun colors without spending a lot. And their products are really great - I've tried most all of them. Target also carries their line - I've seen some of their stuff in the bins with the travel size tolietries. Of all their products though, the Plumping Lip Glaze is my absolute favorite. It looks great and feels great. I'll buy 15 or 20 of them at a time, so I have a good never-ending supply!





I love me some good tortilla chips and salsa something fierce... and these new Multigrain Tostitos are freaking awesome! I initially picked them up after noticing the new variety, thinking yeah OK, guess that would be the healthier (er - less fatty) alternative. But they taste SO amazing. My husband digs on them too. They're all we buy anymore and sometimes they're hard to find... perhaps others are catching on. They have such a great texture and taste - I really think they're far better than your regular old Tostito. We've also found a great bottled salsa that we like. I've never been a fan of bottled salsa, because it always tastes... well, bottled. But On The Border started putting a line of salsas and chips in groceries recently and we are sooooo addicted to the OTB Medium Salsa. The multi-grain chips and OTB salsa are permanent residents on our weekly grocery list (OK, bi-weekly... I can't stand to go weekly).


Lastly, I must discuss the Mocha Big Chill I've discovered this summer at Beaner's. OMG. Yum-O! Yes, I know the pic says peanut butter... and I'm sure that's good and all for you peanut butter lovers, but I'm talking about the Mocha flavor here. (This was the only image I could find, so it'll have to do.) Well, first you must know that I am a connoisseur of mocha flavored frozen coffee beverages. And remember, I'm not a huge sweets person, so that makes me very very picky. I've tried them all... the Frap, the Cooler from Caribou, the one from Panera... ones from various other local java joints. And actually, none of them could come close to touching the absolute perfection that is the Mocha Frosty Joe from Jittery Joe's in good ole Athens, GA. All of these other frozen drinks were a far far cry from such tasty goodness... until I stumbled upon the Mocha Big Chill one afternoon at the new Beaner's location by our house. Absolutely divine - I sucked that thing down so fast, the cup didn't even have a chance to frost over. I think Jittery Joe's blend still takes the cake... but Beaner's big chill comes in a very VERY close second. My favorite treat on a hot summer afternoon! And you know what? Jittery Joe's also opened up a franchise right by my house... not quite the same charm as the Athens Five Points location that I spent hours and hours at in college... but hey, I can have a Mocha Frosty Joe anytime I want. So whatever direction I head in, mocha frozen goodness awaits!


I could go on, but I'll stop there.... enjoy!

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Saw that there is a Beaner near-by me in Illinois. Hubby and I will have to try out one of the coolers. We are usually Caribou Cooler drinkers.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

omg i miss jittery joes! sniff!! i can't wait to try beaner in nov. add that to the never-ending list. what the heck are rainbow shoes? sounds like a cartoon.