Thursday, May 15, 2008

New obsession (as of last night)...

...Tutti Frutti frozen yogurt! OMG! A franchise opened up recently right by our house and I've been curious. Well given that I've now committed myself (with an $18 registration fee anyway) to this 5K on Memorial Day, the hub and I went to the park for a run after my yoga class. Well, more like a brisk walk with spurts of running here and there. I did OK though and my reward was going to be some frozen yogurt at Bruster's. But on our way there, I remembered the new Tutti Frutti shop and suggested we try that instead. Well OMG... it did not disappoint! It's a self-serve yogurt place. They have a wall of 8 different flavors (which they change out). They charge by the ounce. So you can combine flavors if you want... I got green apple, strawberry, and chocolate. Those don't really go together I don't guess, but they were yummalicious! The apple tasted more like key lime to me. And then they have toppings you can add - a great selection of fresh fruit including strawberries, kiwi, and my fave - blackberries! Then they weigh it and you're done. I had quite a hefty bowl weighing in at 9 ounces. The hub got a smaller amount I think, but our total was less than $5. Definitely cheaper than our trips to Bruster's.

The best part is, their yogurt is made with all natural ingredients. And the dude behind the counter said it was about 70 calories per half POUND. I think he's lying. Not possible. I'm really thinking he meant 70 calories per half cup, or 4 oz - which is definitely realistic. But 8 oz? Surely not. Is that even possible? I tried to dig up nutrition info online but couldn't find any. Either way, it's not bad at all calorie-wise and it's soooooooo good. There are two Atlanta locations, but they're up here in suburbia. I think they originated in California - not sure though. But there are also locations there, Seattle, and one in TX - per their site.

I seriously woke up in the middle of the night thinking of the yogurt and how soon I could get some more... maybe this afternoon after my brow wax?! I'm only working a half day today since I leave first thing tomorrow morning - yay! Having lunch with Mom, then off to the spa for my brows, and then... I'm thinking Tutti Frutti!!!

I will probably not be back on till after my trip, so have a great weekend, all! I'll tell ya all about my getaway when I return. :-)

4 comments:

Preppy Lizard said...

Have a great trip!!!

The Mrs. said...

I am in love with pink berry. Sounds very similar!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Self serve yogurt sounds like a dream come true! Hope Charleston can handle you 2 girls!

Michelle said...

We tried Tutti Fruitti...and yes...it was Amazing! I gave you a shout out when I wrote about it as well. (((hugs)))