Thursday, January 24, 2008

5 things I love right now.


1. Hanky Panky thongs. I'm sure most of you are familiar with these, but if not, get with the program! These are absolutely the best thongs ever. You don't get that lovely I've-got-something-stuck-up-my-ass-crack feeling with these. I had a drawer full of various thongs - probably 30 or 40 pair - and once I discovered these, I tossed ALL of my old ones. I'm not really a fan of wearing thongs, but sometimes you just gotta. And when you gotta, it's Hanky Panky all the way. They are one-size-fits-all, so they make a great gift. And they come in a huge rainbow of solids and also some fun and funky patterns. There are regular and low-rise varieties. The solids retail for $18 and the patterns are usually about $20. Lots of places carry them... Nordstrom, Bloomies, and any other nice department store... Anthropologie... lots of gift shops carry them... I've seen them everywhere. I'm cheap when it comes to undies, but these are worth every penny. Plus you can find them at discount stores for around $12. I've found them at Loehman's and Last Call Neiman Marcus. Give them a try - you'll see what I mean.

2. E.l.f. Body Butter. I've always been a fan of body butters, but I don't like paying a lot for beauty products in general. So like $16 a tub at The Body Shop always made me cringe even though I love their product. But then I saw that Elf had come out with a line of bath products, including their own body butter... for $4. Y'all know I love me some Elf, so I gave it a try. I have the peony petal flavor sitting on my nightstand and it is just awesome. Same size tub as The Body Shop's too... So let's see, $16 or $4? Sorry, Body Shop.







3. Birds Eye Steamfresh Singles. What better way to look good in your Hanky Panky's then getting your daily veggie servings? Hehehe... Well actually I am a little OCD lately about monitoring how many fruit and veggies I get each day and I am loving these new Singles steamfresh packs from Birds Eye. If you can't do fresh, frozen is the way to go with veggies because they don't have all the preservatives that canned ones do. We're big on frozen veggies at our house because our schedules are so crazy... it's hard to plan out meals to where I can buy a lot of stuff fresh. Half the time we end up throwing stuff out because it spoils before we get to it. I keep a big bag of these in the freezer at work and usually add one to my lunch. They're only about 50 calories each and hello - it's a vegetable. I'm all about quick and easy, so these get an A+ from me. I just want to see more varieties come out soon! They're sold in packs of 4 and can be found next to all the other frozen veggies in your grocery freezer.







4. Bertolli Complete Skillet Dinners. The hub and I keep a few of these in our freezer at all times. We do actually cook, I promise. But we like to have these on hand for a quick meal at home - and especially so we can't use the "Oh we have nothing to cook - let's go out" excuse. There are a ton of different varieties and we've tried many of them. They've all been really good - I'd say exceptionally good for a pre-packaged grocery store freezer item. And I'm not usually a fan of prepared stuff like this. Some varieties are definitely more fattening and higher in calories than others, but they generally range between 350 and 600 calories a serving. Now I could easily throw down the entire package myself, but the portions are sensible. I usually add a green salad or some veggies on the side to complete the meal. Yum-o!






5. My new iPod touch. This is a toy I never would've picked out for myself. I'm just not a gadget person like the hub is. I never even had an MP3 player till now. So, bestest, you were not the last one to get one - I was! I actually won this randomly at our office Christmas party. Which was a fun surprise given that I walked away with a $25 Starbucks card last year. So I got all into itunes and learned how to download music and stuff. You know - stuff everyone else knows how to do but me, apparently. But this particular iPod is so fun because it has a touch screen, internet access, plays videos, has games, and all kinds of other stuff I've yet to discover. The hub also got one for Christmas from my parents - so we both have one. Mine has a pink case though - so we don't get them mixed up, you know. I keep it by my bed and every night I log on to my banking site and check my accounts one last time (this is part of my control freakness - and I'm loving that I can do this all cozy in bed instead of running down the hall to the 'puter). And then I play a game of solitaire on it before drifting off to sleep...

12 comments:

LSU Melanie said...

I must live under a rock..never heard of hanky pankies:) but cute name

Steel Magnolia said...

I *LOVE* Hanky Panky's and wear them everyday...I'll never go back to anything else. They really are comfortable. I love your blog. I, too, have been through the infertility journey. I'm adding you to my faves. I now have 3 beautiful little boys. Thanks to IUI (baby #1) and IVF (#2 and #3-twins) come on over and visit me. Remember, all things are possible. I read your 100 things also, we are so much alike!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to try the hanky pankies! And, Erik and I *live* off those Bertolli pasta kits!

The 5 Bickies said...

I never wore thongs until I tried Hanky Panky's. Now there is no need for anything else. They are the best and I love they are one size fits all. It's fun to pass on a favorite to others!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

ok your ipod is WAY more fancy than mine. how fun!

and i usually add a bag of frozen veggies or a can of artichoke hearts or something else when i am cooking those bertolli meals to up the veggie intake too. i just add it all in the pan together.

and you were totally on target w the hankey pankies- i love mine!

The Mrs. said...

I cannot believe things can be that comfortable! I have to give it a TRY!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I have never heard of the Hanky Panky's but you better believe I will be searching for them now! Love the Steamfresh veggies, too-so easy and good.

Sew Biz said...

Never heard of the Hanky Panky's but I am going to find them! Also want to try the "Elf" body cream. Where do you find it? I love body creams and used to get my fav. at bath & body, but of course they don't carry it anymore :(.
Thanks for all the tips! Have a great day.

Buford Betty said...

Sew Biz - there should be a link on my post, but if not, go to www.eyeslipsface.com for Elf. Target carries some of their products, but not a huge selection. Basically, everything is $1 with the exception of some products like the bath stuff ($4) or mineral makeup products ($5). They run promotions all the time, like free shipping or 50% off... so get on their email list!

melissa said...

Hanky Panky's are the BEST!! I wear nothing but :)
I also make the Bertolli also for my DH - and easy dinner, done!

Melissa

DebbieDo said...

Hanky Panky's are hands down THE best underwear EVER.

I must have about 25 pairs and I love love love them.

Britt said...

Love your list - we use those Bertolli's too - they are great!