Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm alive!

Woo hoo! I survived my first 5k! I'm not sure what my exact time was, but it was 44 minutes and change. I obviously didn't run the whole time, but I ran farther/longer than I had to date! There was a good group of us that did the race together and it was so much fun. One of our friends won third place in his age group. We didn't win anything (duh), but we crossed the finished line - my #1 goal! Well, that and not dying. Here's a couple of pics of the award "ceremony" and a shot of downtown Dacula where the race wrapped up...





The hub and I are already planning to do another one in early June! He is doing the Peachtree on the 4th, which is a 10k, so he's gearing up for that. He's got money riding on that one with some of his buddies... that's just never a good idea. Especially since one of them was the dude who won the 3rd place prize in this last race. Not good! He's trying to talk me into doing it but I just don't know... It's going to be hot as hell and SO many people. People come from all over to do it - it's like over 50,000 people running it every year. How many of y'all are running it? I've never done it before (obviously) and neither has the hub. I'm thinking hanging on the sidelines in a lawn chair with a Bloody Mary in hand sounds more appealing.

We are going running again tonight after my yoga class - well, if the weather holds out. I think it's supposed to rain at some point today. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! Ours was great. The weather was perfect! Going back to work yesterday totally sucked.

10 comments:

Libby said...

Congrats!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I vote not to do it. It will be hotter than hell and there is that big hill at the end of the race. Bloody mary sounds better!

You are making me want to start running again though. I'm sooo impressed with your motivation. You're a running rock star!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Congrats on your completion of the race. My morning exercise buddy is also participating in the Peachtree...More power to you all. I will sit back and watch from the sidelines.

The Mrs. said...

I am so impressed!!!

Etiquettely Correct said...

Congrats!

Hair Girl said...

DO NOT RUN.

Its 1000 degrees on July 4th regardless of the time. You could actually melt.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Congratulations!!!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

WAY TO GO!!!!
I love that your goal was to "finish and not die". Glad that you accomplished both!

Sasha said...

Yay for you!

I think I am done running outside for a while. It is getting humid already here. Looking forward to fall....

LSU Melanie said...

Wooo Hooo!!! Doesnt it feel so good to have completed it!!! Way to go!!!!