Friday, May 2, 2008

Iron Man, anyone?


It's a YES, for me. Perhaps even a "HELL YEAH!" I initially thought this was a strange casting for my Hollywood boyfriend, Bob. But the reviews are top notch. One online critic gives a taste of his performance...

Snapping off lines as crisply as Bugs Bunny might bite into a carrot, the sculpture-bearded Downey invigorates the entire proceedings in a way no other actor ever has in this field.

Well, duh. Because he's awesome. Maybe I've only mentioned it subtlely here, but I've been in love with RDJ since Weird Science. I'm pretty sure he secretly loves me too since I wrote him once while he was in jail. Oh yes, I did. Sent my picture too. Besides Alex P. Keaton, he is the only other celebrity I've ever written to in my life. Plus the Michael J. Fox one was a joint letter with a friend, so does that really count? Bestest thinks my love for Bob is totally nuts. But I don't know, he just does it for me. So I'm just over-the-moon thrilled for him to have this huge blockbuster coming out. It's a great comeback opportunity for him so I really hope it does well. Not sure if I'll make it this weekend, but Bob is definitely on the to-do list. And you can read that however you see fit.

Update (5/5/08): OK so apparently I couldn't wait afterall... the hub and I went on opening night. Saw it. Loved it. He's amazing in it. I really like Gwyneth Paltrow in it too. A very simple part for her, but I really really liked her. Bob sure did beef up for the role. I prefer him more on the slender side, but that's just me. And nobody better be jumping on the RDJ bandwagon this late in the game - he's mine! Hands off! :-)

5 comments:

Breezy said...

I'm soo jealous you wrote to MJF! I am totally with you on Alex P. Keaton...I have been in love with him since I was 5! I don't share your love of RDJ...but I can see it.

Jennifer H. said...

I'm so glad you said it first b/c I'm always ashamed to admit my love for RDJ.

My crush started when I saw Chances Are. After renting is a billion times, my dad told me I had to rent other movies so I starting watching anything with RDJ in it!

Buford Betty said...

Oh don't make me fight you for him, Jennifer! ;-)

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Seriously you are CRA-ZY! Do you remember the "Bob dance?!" Tehe!!

Buford Betty said...

I certainly do, bestest. I tried to get it going here (with my frequent clubbing and all), but it never really caught on.