Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Here's to 2008!


Happy New Year, everybody! I hope you all had a fun and safe New Year's Eve and I hope 2008 brings good things to you all. I'm very excited about 2008! The hub and I had quite a 2007, so we were ready to put it behind us. And thank you so much for all the sweet comments on my last post. I'm feeling much better about it all...

I think we've decided to step back for a few months and try on our own - through tax season actually. My busy season at work is gearing up, so from about mid-January to mid-April, I will live and breathe tax returns. I'll be working six days a week, long hours, with little energy left for much else (not to mention the stress that goes along with all that). It really doesn't allow much time for going to the doctor's office ALL the stinkin' time. With this whole IUI thing, I have to go in like 3 or 4 times during my cycle. I could of course make it work if I really wanted to, but given my busy work season, the cost, and the fact that we really only have tried on our own once since getting the green light, we think it makes sense to ease up and give it a go on our own for a few months. I know our doctor wants to be aggressive about it, and sure, I do too - but at the same time I'm thinking, what if we can get the job done on our own? So for now, that's the plan. We're calling my doctor tomorrow to let him know what we're feeling/thinking.

So Happy, Happy 2008! I think it's gonna be fabu! :-)

6 comments:

Britt said...

Happy New Year! Good luck with everything!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Happy New Year! I hope 2008 brings you much happiness!!

Heather said...

You definitely have the right attitude. I am sure that 2008 is going to be fabulous for you!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Happy New Year!

The Mrs. said...

So annoying isn't it? We are supposed to get a consultation regarding my very complicated birth before we forge into in vitro with #2. The doc can't see me until APRIL. Oh well...

Deb said...

Good luck to you guys....wishing you all the best in 2008!