Saturday, January 26, 2008

Another weekend, another wedding.

We're being a bit lazy this morning, but tonight we're going to a wedding. It will actually be really interesting because the bride and groom are a couple of the hub's old co-workers. So a lot of people from his old office will be there, as well as some of his new co-workers. Not sure if I mentioned it, but the company the hub just moved over to was started by people from his old company. So I hope there is no awkwardness or anything... I don't think there were any major hard feelings with him leaving his old job, but he says they take it very personally. Oh well... nothin' a couple of glasses of wine won't help.

So here's what I'm wearing tonight. I absolutely am IN LOVE with how this dress fits. It's so fun, flirty, and care-free. My legs will be freezing... but beauty is pain. And I'll top it off with my garnet red long coat from J. Crew. It's a few years old, so I don't have a pic. But it's fabulous! And I have a quilted gold clutch from Saks that will complete the look. I may freeze, but I'll be cute doing it.





Alright... back to work. I'm trying to get my QuickBooks updated for my invitation biz so we can hurry up and file our own return before I get bogged down at work. Then I'm off to get a pedi so my peeping toes are looking fine. Gonna see if the hub will join me. He goes with me sometimes. Have a good weekend all!


Oh P.S. - say a little prayer for my gpa please... he is up in Chattanooga in the hospital. He was complaining of dizziness and not feeling well, so my dad took him in. After running some tests, they discovered spots in his brain where there was some bleeding. They are 99% sure this is a sign of cancer somewhere in the body. So they are running more and more tests to see if they can find it. He is 92 years young, so there is not much they can or would do to treat whatever it is. It's really more about making him comfortable for as long as we can. He has lived such a wonderfully long life so far, and we only hope we can hold on to him a little longer. I'll let y'all know once we find out more. He is my last living grandparent, so it's definitely scary and certainly very sad.

6 comments:

LSU Melanie said...

my prayers are with him..have a great time tonight sporting your new fabulous dress!!!!

Libby said...

I came so close to ordering that dress, I love it!

I will keep you and your grandfather in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori said...

Aaah, I'll say a prayer for your Grandpa.
You will look smashing tonight! I hope you show us pictures! :)

The Mrs. said...

What an outfit! LOOOOVE. Will say prayers for gpa!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Prayers sent for your grandpa. I will keep you in my prayers. I love your new blog look! And the wedding outfit!!!!

Stacy said...

i've been offline for awhile - but just read about your grandpa. i just wanted to send you a note that he (and your family) are in my thoughts!