Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snow Storm 2008!


It totally snowed here last night! Bestest, I know you're laughing cuz this is like an everyday occurence in your Antarctic town, but for us down here it's a big deal! So much so that the entire city freaks out. It was all over the 6 o'clock news last night. They had reporters in different cities all over town reporting live at the scene of the snow! We sometimes will get flurries in winter, but they don't often stick. Well while I was at my Yoga class last night, my car got nearly covered it white powder in the one hour I was in the gym. So fun! When I got home, our yard was completely white. I was excited to see what the dogs thought of it, but none of them wanted anything to do with it. Too funny! Belly doesn't like any form of precipitation. She was under the bed and wouldn't come out. Charlie isn't a big fan of rain either, so snow didn't excite him. He took one look at it and ran the other way. And Gertie is Charlie's shadow, so if Charlie's not into it, neither is she. A lot of schools are closed today, but I saw the county school bus picking up the high schoolers this morning - you know they were hating it. Hahahhaha... I think I might just go into work a little late, but it seems like conditions are OK to drive. I'm sure it will all be gone by lunchtime, but it was super fun to get a little snow this winter. :-)

P.S. - I added this pic of my street taken from my camera phone as I was leaving our driveway this morning. So purty!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We got a couple of inches and it does look lovely but sadly the rain on top of it makes for one slushy mess and not a fun "snow day". I am still in my jammies and don't know if I will even get dressed! LOL

Mrs. LSL said...

It really was exciting! I live in the burbs of Atlanta and it was snowing pretty consistently for 4 hours! I was really hoping for a snow day today......Glenn Burns says it may snow on Saturday, so we'll see!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm surprised the city is still open today with all that snow slowing y'all down! Next snowstorm I'll take a pic too and we'll compare. :)

Deb said...

The weather is so bizarre this year! I cannot believe that you got snow!