Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland.

I can't believe we got another fun snow this weekend. The dogs actually got out in it once the flurries stopped falling. I'm not sure why the flurries are so scary... they look pretty harmless to me. But they had a ball running around in our backyard. Our street was lined with snowmen by Saturday afternoon. Too fun!

Well the weekend was great... I got SO much stuff done. I was a total domestic diva all weekend - non-stop. I'm actually caught up on laundry (a miracle in itself) and I started my first ever sewing project. I'm making drapes out of an old duvet cover we have. I've got one panel cut and marked and ready to sew. I'm sure this is like the simplest of sewing projects, but for me it's a super big deal. I really hope they turn out well. I will post some pics once we get them up (assuming they're OK to use!).

Oh and another thing that made my weekend fabulous... we found out at work on Friday that Saturday hours during busy season are no longer required!!! This is my 9th tax season and I've had to work Saturdays every year for those 3 months. It just really wears you out and puts a damper on your whole weekend (er - one day off). So to get that news on Friday was HUGE. It just makes my outlook on busy season so much brighter and more positive. I still have to get my hours in, but we just have the flexibility to work them in during the week and enjoy our FULL weekends now. I'm beyond excited.

I'm meeting one of my girlfriends tonight at Houston's.... I can't wait. That's one of my favorite restaurants and I don't get to go as much since moving up to the 'burbs. Seared ahi tuna salad, here I come! Mmm...

3 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

You figured out the sewing machine? Yeah! I can't wait to see pics! Soooo proud of you. And proud of the pups for braving that scary snow- silly doggies!

No Saturdays during busy season? OMG you won't know what to do with yourself!!!

Lori said...

Good luck with the sewing, I'm sure you'll do great!

Deb said...

Great news that you can have your weekends back! Have fun with all of your projects!