Wednesday, July 25, 2007

30, Flirty, and Thriving.



Just ordered this yummy number off the J. Crew final sale - additional 20% off ends today! I'm wearing it to a bridal shower for my girlfriend next week in her one-stoplight-hometown in South Georgia. This will be my first trip down there and I'm so excited. She is taking me and one of our other friends down there. We've been begging her for years to bring us down there and now we finally get to go. It should be interesting for sure. Her dad wants to take us fishing, since we've never ever been. I'm sure we'll get a good education in all things Nascar. And we've also been promised a trip to see a sunflower field. This is a place where the grocery closes at 7pm and they don't take credit cards. There's no pay-at-the-pump. And if your child gets sick in the middle of the night, you have to call the pharmacist at his home and wake him up. It's going to be a fun weekend - I'm sure I will have loads of stories!




In other news, I think I have FINALLY decided on a "theme" for my 30th birthday party in October. As always, my birthday is in the middle of football season. This year it falls on a Saturday, so I will have to share my birthday with football. And that's OK, 'cause I love football. So I've decided to mesh my 30th birthday with a viewing of the Georgia - Tennessee game. So naturally, my colors will be red, black and white. But it of course will not be your everyday tailgate party fair - it will be super chic and fun. Above is the cake I think we're going to go with... but in white with large (coin-sized) black polka dots and the ribbon and bow in red. I have a lot of black and white accessories around the house, so it's going to be really fun to play up those colors. I'm started to get really excited now that I have finally got a plan. And in keeping with the football flavor, we're going to have BBQ catered and I'm sure we'll have margaritas and perhaps some red sangria - my personal favorite! And beer and such for the boys... I don't really do beer. Wow... I'm getting down to my last 2 months in my 20's. I better live it up while I can! ;-)

5 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

First- you are going to be SOOOO OLD! I'm buying you a walker with streamers for your big birthday. Tehetehe!

Second- glad you are going w Red and Black- think that will be fabu and I love the polka dot cake idea.

Third- will the Sangria be as good as our college dinner party?

Oh and I can't wait to hear all about your fishing trip w the girls. I want pics!

DebbieDo said...

Very cute idea for the party. I just had my (cough cough) 30th, ugh I can hardly say it! My B threw me a Mexican Fiesta, it was a great time.

Happy Bday....wait did you say October? hahaha

Anonymous said...

love the cake. my next is 30 too.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Love the dress!

PS said...

Love the cake! What a great way to celebrate being 30, flirty, and fabulous! Love the party theme! :)