Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Feeling poopy.

I've got the blues today. And I'm wondering if it's a result of my menopause-symptom-inducing $600 Lupron Depot shot... or is it just me making excuses to feel like poo? I'm just in a funk, whatever the reason. And it's not like me. I'm a pretty easy-going person in general and I don't get too stressed or overly worked up about stuff. But I just feel like I have this huge pile-on of crap that needs to be done, fixed, taken care of, changed, or figured out. Yet I feel completely unmotivated to do any of it.

It all started yesterday when it took me nearly 2 hours to get to the doctor's office so they could stick a needle in my hip. The trip should've taken me 20-30 minutes. I was over an hour late because of traffic. Now traffic during NORMAL traffic times doesn't bother me - it's just a given, and it is what it is. But this was absurd. It was 1 o'clock on a Monday afternoon. I finally get there and get my shot... which took all of 10 minutes. Get back in the car... of course by this time it's after 3pm, so rush "hour" is approaching fast. But it's not like it's Friday, so it shouldn't be too bad, right? Wrong. Yet another wreck. So, time away from the office for this excursion: 4 hours. Time actually spent in the doctor's office: 25 minutes. I was NOT happy. And of course, my day would'nt have been complete without traffic on the way home from the office being a nightmare as well. I was meeting one of my girlfriends at Jazzercise after work, and yep - late for that too. I could not catch a break.

But Jazzercise made me feel a lot better - I really needed to blow off some steam. It was the first time I'd been back in a while. It sounds so super cheesy, but it's really the only kind of aerobic excercise I can stand. I hate working out. And it's the closest thing to a dance class without being a dance class. My friend just got clearance from her doctor after her last C-section to work out, so we can hold each other accountable now. So I'm saying it out loud - I'm going to Jazzercise every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday! So hopefully continuing to work out and stuff will help get me out of this funk, because I don't like this at all.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

ATL traffic...what time is it??? Always. Hope you are feeling peppier soon! (((hugs)))

DebbieDo said...

Oh I'm right with you on the unmotivated feeling. I started running again last week and have been going strong. I feel so much better after exercise.