Friday, July 20, 2007

A very Harry weekend...


I am so uber excited for the 7th and final installment of Harry Potter to hit stores tomorrow. I usually pre-order the books, but I failed to do so this time, so I guess I will have to join the madness to get my copy. I'm thinking I may hit a Kroger or something less obvious than Barnes & Noble to pick mine up. Sadly, I have such a busy weekend that I won't be able to devote all my time to the book, as I'd very much like to do! I can't wait to learn whether my own theories are true... what are some of yours? I know some of you out there are crazy about HP like me! I think Snape is really and truly good... that's what I want to believe anyway. There's something I like about him. JK Rowling says this final one is her favorite of them all, so I'm just beyond excited to find out what's in store. I'm getting a pedi tomorrow after my Sewing 101 class, so I should at least get a good jump on it while my tootsies are being pampered.

Yep, so I'll be at my first sewing class tomorrow and I'm *sew* excited to learn how to sew. It's been on my to-do list for years. It's one of those things that I know I could be good at, but I've always been intimidated by it and have never taken the time to learn or just jump in and teach myself. I have a machine, though I'm not altogether sure where it is right now. Collecting dust somewhere... I also have a little mini sewing machine for paper crafts because I really want to incorporate sewing into my designs.

I also have quite a few orders to finish up this weekend... one of which I am super proud of and I will have to post pics of it once I'm done. It's a bachelorette party invitation and it's just stupid cute. Then I'm meeting a couple of girlfriends for brunch on Sunday for some quality girl time. So it's pretty packed...

On Monday I go back to the doctor for my first $600 shot. This is not the technical name of course, but it's my name for it. I'm carrying it my bag right now and I'm a little paranoid about it. It was such a damn hassle to get it pre-certified through my insurance - ugh, don't even get me started. Anyway, once I get shot #1, they'll go ahead and schedule surgery #2. Should be mid/late September. I think we will be pretty much good to go after the 2nd surgery as far as getting me prego. I think I will have to have another HSG after surgery to make sure everything looks good, but that should be the final "procedure." So it would be super duper fun if Santa would put a bun in my oven by Christmas! I'm thinking a 2008 baby sounds fun. It's a good even year and 8's are fun to write. I was really hoping for a 2007 baby (originally) because my mom was '47, I was '77, so I thought it'd be cool to have an '07. But that's out, obviously! So here's hoping for a tot in '08!

Hope you all have a fabu weekend! TGIF!

4 comments:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Good luck Monday!!

tulipmom said...

I hope things go well on Monday.

PS said...

I am sure things will go fine on Monday! I am hoping 2008 is a good year for babies too (although it is possible that our wait could stretch out till 2009, but for now I am holding out for Oct 2008). I cant wait for us to be mommies together! Let me know if you pick up Harry this weekend! I am torn...I cant wait to read it but I dont want it to be *over*!!!!

Lori said...

I'm "sew" (sorry had to) happy to find your blog, it's adorable! I love sewing and wondered how your class went? I learned from watching my Mom, but mostly just trying things, making mistakes, and learning as I go. Once you learn, you can do so much!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting! And also for linking my blog, I appreciate it and will add yours someday (when I ever get around to doing my list)!
I look forward to reading through the rest of your blog!