Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pooch.

Well, I made my first *official* purchase today of a maternity item. OK please, that's a total lie because y'all know I have a closet full of maternity clothes that have been collecting dust for years...




And that's after purging my collection and selling off a good bit of it! I know... my obsession with maternity wear is seriously ridiculous. But for real, none of my pants fit right now and I've been holding them together with either hairbands or binder clips. So this is my first official purchase out of true necessity rather than fantasy. Behold, the bella band!





Can't wait till it arrives so I can breathe a little better! I know my pooch is mostly due to my meds (good ole IVF bloat), but does the reason really matter when you can't button your pants?!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought maternity clothes a few years before I got pregnant. I hear ya! The belly band did nothing for me. I McGyver'd my jeans with a rubber band for awhile.

Unknown said...

Looks like I need one of these too Amanda! Where do you get them? Maybe we can look on Friday! :) I have held off on maternity purchases so far, but am just getting to the point where I might need some things within the next few weeks. Can't wait to see you soon so we can celebrate!!! xoxo

Kathleen said...

I hear you on the IVF meds leading to bloating. Ugh. I was on bed rest for nearly two weeks back in February and I still haven't bounced back from that. Good for you for going ahead and buying maternity clothes when you need them. I have a self-imposed not until the first ultrasound ban!

Kiersten said...

I am 5w6d and I already seem to have a pouch. My pants still button (barely), so I am glad to know that I am not the only one!! Who are these people who wear their regular jeans up to week 16 or 18?? I'll be picking up a bella band stat!

Pretty in Pink said...

I love my Bella Band and wore my normail jeans undone with my band over the top till I was about 18 weeks. I also love that you can wear it after pregnancy to cover the shrinking belly.

Buford Betty said...

Pam - lots of maternity places carry them, but I ordered off of www.figure8maternity.com - free shipping and no tax! The link is in the post. :-)