Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beta #4

5,193!!!

 

at 20dp5dt
 
 
All levels are "excellent" and actually, I didn't even talk to the nurse today.  The hub went ahead and called them and got them for me!  I think he was even more eager than me to get the results - ha!  Well, I must say I am VERY relieved.  Totally amazed.  And completely grateful.  I had no idea what to expect today.
 
I was a bit of a mess yesterday.  Somewhere over the weekend, fear and doubt really crept in and took over.  And as if I wasn't already over-analyzing every twitch and tingle, I really started questioning things over the last couple of days.  TWICE this weekend I dreamed that I started bleeding and that it was all over.  And my boobs aren't as sore (for real, I didn't dream that part).  Yes, still quite sore but not as achy and heavy as they had been only a few nights earlier.  So of course I was thinking, great, the hormone levels are dropping, aren't they?  And I was still spotting, still feeling rather crampy...  and not to mention the fact that my right bun was SO dang sore yesterday!  Seriously, the most sore my bum has been since starting these PIO shots.  Not that my sore butt has anything to do with being pregnant or not, but it just made yesterday all the more miserable.  I felt like crap.  And I was not feeling good about today's beta.
 
BUT, obviously, all is well for now!  So glad to be able to breathe again and know that we've made it through yet another step with flying colors!  We have one final beta on Friday (I thought today's would be the last, but apparently not), and then we'll schedule the first ultrasound next week!
 
Thank you so much for the sweet comments and continued prayers! xoxo

14 comments:

Melissa said...

So exciting! :D

Symptoms do come and go. It freaked me out too, but try not to worry because it's all normal. Also, if it makes you feel better, I was crampy for several weeks. I kept thinking my period was coming, but of course, it wasn't!

Dr. Blondie said...

So glad! Fight against fear and doubt when they inevitably creep in!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Yaaaaaayyyyy for high numbers! Sooo happy for you. Lots of love, Bestie!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! So excited for you!

Kiersten said...

Congratulations! Hang in there... it sounds like everything is going great!

BroncoMom said...

Joyous news, thanks for sharing this milestone Betty!

Kelly said...

Wonderful news!

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! I agree...symptoms come and go. Don't worry if you don't feel anything in your breasts, don't have cravings, sensitivity to smell, etc... Your numbers are there. That's what counts :)

Jill said...

Hooray! Also remember that sometimes symptoms seem to lessen and it's really only because you've gotten used to it. And oh my word - have to say I laughed at the sore b*tt. THAT I never had - can't imagine adding that one to the mix. haha. So happy for your great news!

Ally said...

Thinking of you and praying for ya'll! The Lord's hand is in this!!

Pretty in Pink said...

Yay for great Beta numbers. I was so worried about every little pain or ache in the first 12 weeks that I would constantly check google. My ob then kindly informed me google has never been pregnant. I think for me I wanted to protect the tiny little gift that God had given us and I was so worried I couldn't. I ended up doing a lot of pray and just enjoying every step and thinking at least I have got to 6 weeks then 10 weeks and so on. My husband and I have you in our prayers each day and seem to be so excited to check back each day to see what the lastest is.

AEOT said...

Just wanted you to know that I've been praying for you throughout your journey, and I'll definitely continue throughout your PREGNANCY!!!!! So, so, so happy for your # today!

Tara said...

So happy for you, sweetie! Praying for a happy, healthy (and uneventful) 9 months! I was on pins and needles every day of my pregnancy with my twins, so I know how nervous you feel. You have to try really hard to let yourself relax and enjoy this! :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations!! I've been thinking of you and praying for you- SO glad to see these results for you guys!! Can't wait to follow your pregnancy!! :)