Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wake me up in two weeks, please.

Totally not complaining here, but I gotta say I am OVER this feeling like crud stuff.  I moan and groan all day and night like a 95 year old.  I get out of breath doing anything, even eating.  The nausea seems harder to tackle lately.  And if I could spend my whole day in bed, I totally would.  It's all good - I know my body's working hard to bake a human.  It's just tough feeling so worthless all the time.  But you all keep telling me this will pass soon, so I'm definitely hanging in there and hoping you're right!  I seriously feel for those pregnant with #2, #3, and so on... how do you do this with a toddler pulling at you all day?  I have no idea!!!  I only have to worry about me and I'm having a rough time with it... geez.
 
But again, no complaints... just stating, for the record, that I feel like shit.  But if that's what it takes, I'll take it!
 
We've got our 10 week ultrasound on Friday and then I'll be officially released to my OB!  Our first appointment is scheduled with her on Monday, July 11th.  She had the exact same wonky uterus issues I did (and Dr. T also did her surgery years ago), so I know she will be thrilled to see me in there knocked up finally. 
 
Alright... off to do some more groaning.  I have lots of great bloggy topics floating in my head, but no energy or motivation to do any of them right now.  Cut me some slack for the next few weeks, OK?  Then maybe I'll get interesting again.

8 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

Sorry you're feeling so shitty! Hope it eases up soon so that you feel more normal. VERY exciting news about being released to your OB! That is a big step!! I'm so happy for you!!

I have been wondering how people manage first trimester with a young child (or children) to take care of!! Some days I lay down on the couch the second I get home from work and don't move until I go get in bed for the night. I keep trying not to complain though since this is what I have been wanting so bad!

Feel better soon!! :)

AllieBHill said...

Hang in there! I started feeling much better around week 14. The second trimester is the best. You will get your energy back and feel more like yourself. I am about to enter the third trimester and the tiredness has started to return. I can't stay away past 9 PM anymore and I am dealing with a broken foot - fun times!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

So proud of you, little momma! Just remember that this too shall pass. I mean, no matter what it will end at 10 mos, right?!

katie lake said...

I can't wait to hear how your first OB visit goes. Are you going to share when you find out the sex?

Sandra said...

Hoping you feel better soon! Am enjoying this journey. xoxo

Unknown said...

It will get easier. Give into the fatigue and be ok with it. It won't last forever. :)

Julie Tiemann said...

Yeah, my hubby deserved Man of the Year in 2008 and 2009 for all that he had to do - putting up with a very, very sick wife my entire first pregnancy, then having a very sick wife again when our baby was only five months old! Like you said, it's totally worth it if that's what it takes, but it's still HARD!!

Hope you feel MUCH better VERY soon!

Jin said...

To answer your question: you have to push through the crappiness and put on a happy face for child #1. It's hard sometimes, but I'm out of first tri now and its getting easier (child #1 is almost 8 months old). Sorry you feel like crap and it does go away second tri!