Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pillow, anyone?

So I guess kids suck the life out of you from day one, huh? Seriously, this kid is taking every bit of energy I have, including my will to do anything productive. Which is why I haven't been on here much lately. I seriously just have no desire to do anything but sleep. Isn't that awful? I know the rest is important, so believe me, I take it when I can get it. I basically sleep through my weekends here lately.

I'll get up at my normal time on a Saturday (7:30 or so), make some breakfast (whatever I can tolerate) and feed the dogs, and then take a nap. I'll get up later and fold a load of laundry. Take another nap. Fold another load. Take another nap. And then all of a sudden it's 8pm. What? Yeah, that's what my weekends look like. Thrilling!!!

I really need to go to the grocery but have only managed short trips here and there. I've got to do a full blown grocery run this weekend though. I've just got to. But that's the other thing... it's not just being sleepy and fatigued - it's like you seriously don't CARE about getting anything done. Which is so unlike me. And it frustrates me, but it is what it is. I suppose I can manage a few weeks of laziness!

Food is still not all that appealing, though I have had a few cravings. All healthy stuff - pizza, ice cream, and donuts. Awesome. Why can't I crave tofu and spinach? I ordered a Papa John's pizza Saturday at lunch and it was seriously the best thing I've ever eaten. I kept talking about it for hours. Wasn't that pizza so good? OMG that pizza was just the best! Seriously, how GOOD was that pizza? (Uh, yeah, obviously I fell off my Moo Goo train.)

And we made pizza at home last night. Seriously, pizza is so dang good. Now, I am trying to eat well, so I decided to stick with my calorie counting and good eats during the week and then let loose on the weekends. So that's pretty much my rule for myself. I'm saving the indulgences for the weekends. That way I still get to have them, but I won't become a blimp in three weeks time.

Other than the exhaustion, nausea, and love/hate relationship with food right now, I am doing great. Eager to get to ultrasound #2 a week from today to see our little gummy bear. Then we'll have one more ultrasound with Dr. T at 10 weeks before I'm released from RBA! I already have my 11 week appointment set up with my normal OB, so we are good to go. Each week seems to pass by slowly, but looking back it feels like it's all gone pretty fast! This is just the longest stretch we've gone between appointments thus far... so I'm definitely ready to move forward!


About to wrap up the 8th week here in a couple of days. Our little life-sucking alien looks something like this...

Baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs, and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy. [thebump.com]

9 comments:

just ask beth said...

I used to read your BLOG, but got so sad at your attempt to conceive I couldn't take it anymore..and decided to pray for you hard!! I was on a Blog and she followed you and I said I wonder How my little BB is doing>> Imagine my surprise!! I am so happy for you both. Praying for a healthy baby and a healthy mama..they say nausea is the best sign of a healthy baby.. I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.

~1 Samuel 1:27

Kiersten said...

Right there with you, sister. I'll be 8 weeks on Friday. It's all I can do to drag myself out of bed in the morning, get to work, and manage to sit upright at my desk all day. And pizza... mmmm, pizza. I was craving it so badly on Friday night, so we went out for it, and it was delicious, but I can only manage to eat small amounts in one sitting now, so I just had one measley little piece! I am so happy to have made it this far, but can't say I'm not counting down the weeks to the second trimester!

Unknown said...

Just take those breaks. I know how you feel, esp if you're used to making lists and crossing off lots of tasks. Rest and rest! :)

Sandra said...

Naps are good ;-). Rest and enjoy it. XOXO

Pretty Personal Gifts said...

I've been having issues leaving comments so I'm not sure if I ever did get to say congratulations...so CONGRATULATIONS! I'm thrilled for you!

Unknown said...

Hey Amanda! LOL...I feel ya sister! I *still* have no energy and am just counting down till this first trimester is over and *hopefully* my energy and appetite will return. I found that they key with managing the morning sickness is to eat in small quantities (I am taking 6 very small meals a day instead of 3) and eating saltines before bed, in the moring, and whenever I am feeling a bit nauseous. The lemon drop hard candy works pretty well too. Cravings: pizza for sure! Someone told me I was craving "fat", so I have been trying to eat a lot of avacado instead. ;) Love ya girl!!! xoxo!!!!

Ellen said...

Yep, welcome to pregnancy! You'll have your ups and downs, but it's more than worth it (as you definitely know!). Keeping you in my prayers :)

Leslie said...

Don't be so hard on yourself for being tired and worn out! It's hard to not perform at the same level you're used to. Remember that your extra prog. is making you even more tired than you normally would be at this point, so just keep on sleeping while you can!

My first trimester I always wanted to go out for a good burger with homemade fries. And the baby enjoys a good chocolate dessert. Since I didn't have many cravings due to nausea, I went with it! I've barely cooked since getting preggers, since I hate the lingering smells, plus the thought of the entire process (planning/grocery/cooking/cleaning/blah blah blah) make me even more tired. I agree with Pammy-smaller meals was the huge for me. A snack at bedtime is huge as is a few crackers or something before getting out of bed (I wish I knew that going into it - took forever for me to figure out my blood sugar levels were out of whack, making my belly terrible when I didn't eat while sleeping).

Kate said...

First trimester - you eat what you can eat...you've got time to eat tofu & spinach later;) With my daughter, I could manage lemonade and potato chips consistently the first few weeks...it got better...with my son...I couldn't keep much of anything down so I just ate whatever sounded good w/ full knowledge that it would probably come back!